shamrock shake from mcdonalds

bikeman564™

Wait, you found a McDonalds with a working ice cream machine?  I hope it was all your remembered and more!  My questions below were posted before I found out that this a McDonalds item and not an item you can get other places.

Also, if getting ice cream, why not get real ice cream, not Sonic or DQ or McD?

We have three very good ice cream stores near us.  Four if you count Braums as good.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Wait, you found a McDonalds with a working ice cream machine?

We have three very good ice cream stores near us.  Four if you count Braums as good.

I liked Braums when traveling in your ares. We seldom buy ice cream in a cup or cone when we can get very good ice cream from the LGS on sale and keep it in the freezer. Just what a long-term diabetic needs.:happyanim:

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

14 minutes ago, smudge said:

Because he wants a Shamrock Shake!

I really enjoyed the one I had in my life.

I did not realize this was just a McDonalds' thing.  I just figured a green shake with some mint in it.  I understand the allure of a particular taste.  I know there are much better burgers, but sometimes, I want a Big Mac.  Something about the special sauce and the McDonalds pickles that you cannot recreate on your own easily.

• Heart 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Wait, you found a McDonalds with a working ice cream machine?  I hope it was all your remembered and more!  My questions below were posted before I found out that this a McDonalds item and not an item you can get other places.

as @smudgeaforementioned, I wanted a shamrock shake, and yes it was spectacular

• Heart 4

Just now, jsharr said:

is that because you got an order of fries and dipped them in?  I know dipping fries in Wendy's Frostys is a thing.  My son's do this.

no, but I like doing that :)

I was just being funny to the kzooster

• Heart 1

I had a shamrock shake a couple weeks ago for the first time in years.  I liked it fine, but the best part was that it's a limited time treat just available around St Patrick's Day and it's all part of the celebration.  Sort of like summer and Chick Fil A peach shakes.

• Heart 2

48 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I did not realize this was just a McDonalds' thing.  I just figured a green shake with some mint in it.  I understand the allure of a particular taste.  I know there are much better burgers, but sometimes, I want a Big Mac.  Something about the special sauce and the McDonalds pickles that you cannot recreate on your own easily.

You probably don't leave them out on the counter long enough to get that special taste.