I did not get elected

petitepedal

Watch out not paying attention to a meeting.

In 1981, I was one of over 100 community leaders who met at a church to discuss a problem with the Federal Government storing hazardous waste on local land in the recharge area of the underground river important to a lot people on well water.

I turn around from the pastor who was running the meeting to talk to some friends sitting behind me I hadn't seen in a while.

When I turned back around, I had been elected President of the Maryland Waste Coalition, which became the RCRA Act - funded citizens environmental watchdog group for MAryland.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

Watch out not paying attention to a meeting.

In 1981, I was one of over 100 community leaders who met at a church to discuss a problem with the Federal Government storing hazardous waste on local land in the recharge area of the underground river important to a lot people on well water.

I turn around from the pastor who was running the meeting to talk to some friends sitting behind me I hadn't seen in a while.

When I turned back around, I had been elected President of the Maryland Waste Coalition, which became the RCRA Act - funded citizens environmental watchdog group for MAryland.

Recently they wanted me to be the president of a local bike club. I'm too busy for that right now. So when they asked for volunteers to be the vice-president first, I raised my hand. I thought that I had outsmarted them.

Well the VP position has kept me busy with club insurance matters. And the Prez says that she might have to step down which leaves me to assume those duties also.

• Hugs 1

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

The woman who took the roll of president

:huh: There was supposed to be an election. Now you’re in a squeeze:  if you say something, you might get the presumptive “ok, you do it,” but if you don’t say something, the “clueless woman” presides over getting nothing done. 

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

The young man who filled the presidents term and was going to be treasurer...turned in his resignation after last night's 4 hour meeting. :wacko:

The woman who took the roll of president has no clue.

Sorry to hear this, 'cause he could have been helpful for board.