Pencils

Airehead

13 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

mechanically, this is my favorite. I like 0.7mm for writing, but the 0.5mm is great for lines in drafting.

This...

And for the record I never used a pocket protector.  Many if not most in my classes in college did. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

The Most Important Most Expensive Pencils In The World Statistics

• The most expensive pencil in the world is the Perfect Pencil by Graf von Faber-Castell, priced at $12,800.
  • Caran D'ache releases a pencil made with diamonds and rubies that costs $425,000.
  • The Caran d'Ache 1010 Diamonds Limited Edition Pencil sold for £27,000 in a UK auction.
  • The Tibaldi for Bentley Crewe fountain pen, which also operates as a pencil, is priced at $5,140.
  • Montblanc creates a luxurious pencil line that includes the Meisterstuck Platinum range, priced at $400.
  • Porsche's P3135 Solid Titanium Pencil ranges in price from $500 to $1,500.
  • Visconti's Speak Easy pen, designed to store a small amount of liquor, retails for over $10,000. Though it is primarily a pen, it also operates as a pencil.
  • Yard-O-Led’s Grand Victorian Sterling Silver pencil costs over $600.
  • S.T. Dupont's D-Initial Black and Gold Ballpoint pen, which also operates as a pencil, retails at $265.
  • The Waldmann Xetra Vienna series mechanical pencils, made of solid sterling silver, range from $135 to $200.
  • The Delta Vintage Stylus Pencil, made from a hand-turned resin barrel, usually sells for around $365.
  • A single limited edition Blackwing Vol. 1 pencil, inspired by Guy Clark, can be bought for around $30.
  • The Ancora Pencil range has pencils priced up to $5,000, made from 18k gold and inlaid with diamonds.
  • The LAMY 2000 Black Amber 50th Anniversary Pen, which doubles as a mechanical pencil, was released with a price tag of $500.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

Best of luck Airhead in getting the right graphite pencils for yourself.

Beyond my interest in drawing pencils for sketching of different softness and hardness ...and yea, charcoal pencil vs. charcoal stick..

my other use and interest are dip-ink steel nib calligraphic pens and ....calligraphic markers. 

Pen Nibs - Speedball Art

Itoya Calligraphy Marker – Itoya  There are certain brands where the nib is cut at a certain angle to allow greatest ease to execute certain styles of lettering.  Some markers are just not great for holding in hand, comfortably to do certain styles of hand lettering, especially fine lettering.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Black Wing Pearl promise blocked graphite. 

I will feel reassured knowing that your new pencils conform to  ASTM D-4236 :nodhead:

• Haha 1