They need to put dog meds in reusable epi-pens.

Wilbur

Just now, Randomguy said:

What is the story with the dogs?

One of them has a slightly enlarged heart which is pre-congestive heart failure.  He also has a partially collapsed trachea so one pill and one liquid med to stave off heart failure. 

• Hugs 3

2 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

pills-in-butter is the preferred delivery method here.

We recently switched from that to the mixed in with the kibble method. Dogs always suspect you of trying to kill them with the pills. I can only imagine what cat people must go through!

3 hours ago, Ralphie said:

We recently switched from that to the mixed in with the kibble method. Dogs always suspect you of trying to kill them with the pills. I can only imagine what cat people must go through!

You pry the mouth open and throw the pill down the throat so they gag and swallow before they can spit it out.  Then you use every reflex you ever learned burning your hand on something hot to pull your hands back as you drop the cat.

19 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Pills in spray cheese for a few days, then ice cream, then cottage cheese and so on. Keep them guessing. I used leftover scalloped potatoes last week. 

I could probably just leave them on the counter and tell her NOT to eat them, then leave the room. :rolleyes:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Liquid syringes work best when you dip the end in peanut butter. Let them lick that and then squirt. 

The problem is, he is a smart dog. You might get away with it twice, but no more.  :) 

• Heart 1