My son got a new dog

Further

2 hours ago, Further said:

he is supposed to be seven months old, he weighs 110, so I’m guessing one of big ones. Mellow as can be, but when he pulls on the leash you better be ready.

Soon Lucky will weigh more.   That's a great name.... 

We had a 126 pound dog.  Sam was a Great Dane /  German Shepard mix that we rescued.   The first thing I taught the dog was to 'come back' when I called.   That was useful, a lot.   

When Sam would see a squirrel during our dog walks he wanted to chase the squirrel.   I could control Sam on the leash.   WoBG asked what should I do when walking Sam and he sees a squirrel?   I told her to drop the leash and let him run, he would just drag you and/or you could break your arm.   Then call for him to come back.   That was WoBG's plan and it was used more than a few times.  Sam was a 126 pound puppy for most of his life. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

59 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

We had a 126 pound dog.  Sam was a Great Dane /  German Shepard mix that we rescued.   The first thing I taught the dog was to 'come back' when I called.   That was useful, a lot.   

When Sam would see a squirrel during our dog walks he wanted to chase the squirrel.   I could control Sam on the leash.   WoBG asked what should I do when walking Sam and he sees a squirrel?   I told her to drop the leash and let him run, he would just drag you and/or you could break your arm.   Then call for him to come back.   That was WoBG's plan and it was used more than a few times.  Sam was a 126 pound puppy for most of his life. 

Mrs. Further says she see's Great Dane in Lucky's face and temperament.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

6 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Our neighbors a few down have had Great Dames (in series). A few of them have gotten loose and would not come back. I was amazed at how such a moose of a dog can turn on a dime!

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Lucky needs a few more pounds. So glad he has a home. 

He does seem a bit skinny. Jason is feeding him more than the shelter, they had him for about two w or three weeks. Adopting a dog is more complicated than it used to be. They do a background check on the adopter and neuter the dog and get all the shots caught up. It was about 10 days after Jay said he would take Lucky that he brought him home. 

• Heart 1