Has Wilbur given us a bloody hand update?

jsharr

What do we know?  Did it ever stop bleeding?  Is he still in the admin office at the ER waiting to pay?  Is it his wiping hand, and if so, what does he plan to do, wipe and have a feces covered blood hand or not wipe and have terminal filth related PRI? 

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I changed the dressing yesterday and it looked good.  The surgeon did a good job.  Today though, it is swollen af and angry.  Had to loosen the dressing twice.  The doc gets to see it tomorrow. 

IMG_7178.thumb.jpeg.609ee516a9fe1090f965e3678fb118e0.jpeg

God gave us two hands for a reason.  :) 

That does look surprisingly good.  Deep cuts can definitely hurt!   

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If I am ever in a bar fight and someone smashes a bottle, I will fight the guy with a knife.  :) 

So did the ER surgeon spend some time cleaning up the edges of the wound prior to suturing or was it a relatively clean cut to begin with?  I have cut my hand several times, but since I keep my knives very sharp, the cuts were clean and left minimal scarring.  I once cut the top of my right hand pretty good when I was using my ceramic rod sharpener without the hand guard and ran the knife across the back of my hand.  

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

So did the ER surgeon spend some time cleaning up the edges of the wound prior to suturing or was it a relatively clean cut to begin with?  I have cut my hand several times, but since I keep my knives very sharp, the cuts were clean and left minimal scarring.  I once cut the top of my right hand pretty good when I was using my ceramic rod sharpener without the hand guard and ran the knife across the back of my hand.  

There were little chunks of flesh hanging out so it wasn't too clean.  He trimmed both side of the cut with scissors to get a better bond.  I was watching up to the scissors coming out.  That was kind of repulsive. 

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I changed the dressing yesterday and it looked good.  The surgeon did a good job.  Today though, it is swollen af and angry.  Had to loosen the dressing twice.  The doc gets to see it tomorrow. 

IMG_7178.thumb.jpeg.609ee516a9fe1090f965e3678fb118e0.jpeg

God gave us two hands for a reason.  :) 

I have scars on both hands in the same place. The only difference is they curve the other way 

• Heart 1

I hate it when I have to be awake while the surgeon is working.

I suspect I'd hate it more for the times I wasn't awake.

Be careful, the problem with hands is that you accidentally attempt to do something and flex the wound.  That's your throttle hand.  Can you ask the plane to do things "Alexa push throttle to take off"

• Heart 1