My morning so far.

jsharr

On Sunday, we dropped off Ryan for a week at Pine Cove.  This is one of his favorite parts of summer and we have evolved a few rituals, one of which is decorating the car windows.

This year, we used a chalk based window paint that leaves a fine dust when you scrape it off, but it comes off easily.  So this morning before leaving for the office, I grabbed a razor blade, a towel and the window cleaner and began to clean “Pine Cove Bound” and “Happy Camper” and “He Likes Pie” off my windows.

I would scrape the windows, then wipe them off with a dry towel, then spray them with window cleaner and wipe them off.  Of course when I was not using the razor blade, I held it between my teeth. Not a good idea, as I will explain.

So I got the windows all cleaned, set the blade, cleaner and towel on my messy work bench and drove to work.  As I was pulling into the parking garage, I noticed my left hand was covered in an ugly purple stain from the mixture of red, blue, yellow and white window chalk dust and cleaners.  No big deal just put that hand in my pocket and wash it when I got to my office.

So I park, walk to the garage elevators and head up to the lobby.  The man that got on the elevator with me sort of gave me a look and then moved to the far side of the car.  Once in the lobby, I noticed a few people looking at me.  One guy even did a double take out his office door.

So I get to the lobby elevators, grab a car, hit 14 and notice my reflection in the mirrored wall.  I have the same ugly stain all around my mouth from holding the razor blade in my teeth!  Purple lips and a bluish purple streak from my mouth towards my left ear….

Happy Monday Ya’ll!  

• Heart 4