Part of the hiring process was a role playing exercise

Further

The scenario was that you were temporary boss of a department, for maybe a month, then the permanent boss would be back, and you would go back to your regular job.

The situation was one of your coworkers was refusing to wear his safety glasses, and you were having a talk with him. The evaluator was playing the part of coworker. This was done in cubicle land, with several evaluations taking place at the same time.

I was playing the "man we're buddies, why are you doing this to me" line, when from a couple cubes down the line comes a loud, angry voice " what the fuck you mean, you don't wanta wear them"

I thought to myself "that guys done"

I got hired, and often suspected, maybe that guy did get hired....   

PS :  to make this bicycle relevant I'll add that I bicycle commuted for a good portion of my employment there 

• Heart 2

I have a video, somewhere, of me doing a "disciplinary" session with a "disgruntled" employee.  This was at a managerial seminar.  I/we had no script, but the other guy was reading off of a script designed to test my/our skills at dealing with those type situations.  Mine didn't last very long.  After trying what I had been "taught", and not getting anywhere with the "employee", when he got to the part of his script where he said he couldn't work there if he didn't get his way, I said something to the effect that "I'd get his check ready and he could leave."  I have no patience for whiners. 

• Heart 3