Sena Smart Cycling Helmet

team scooter

This thing is sweet. While looking for a new bluetooth motorcycle/snowmobile helmet, I found this. If this hasn't been posted yet, I thought some might find this interesting. If you're not familiar with Sena, IMO they're on the leading edge of helmet bluetooth tech. I have an older Bell/Sena bluetooth motorcycle helmet and it works great. https://www.sena.com/product/smart-cycling-helmet/

It's a bluetooth, intercom, it monitors speed, cadence, heart rate and it has a built in helmet cam.

sena.jpg

I'm going to say this completely pointless and actually quite stupid.  Why?  Helmets, even if you don't crash them have a life span.  Sweet, sun, just general use over time causes the materials to become less effective, so you should be replacing your helmet every couple years.  So you have all this electronics you are throwing out and replacing.

Then if you are like me, you go through at least one helmet a year just from wrecks, so I'd really be throwing money out the window. 

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

I'm going to say this completely pointless and actually quite stupid.  Why?  Helmets, even if you don't crash them have a life span.  Sweet, sun, just general use over time causes the materials to become less effective, so you should be replacing your helmet every couple years.  So you have all this electronics you are throwing out and replacing.

Then if you are like me, you go through at least one helmet a year just from wrecks, so I'd really be throwing money out the window. 

Stop crashing so much.

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Stop crashing so much.

If you are not crashing, you are not trying.

Plus everyone knows trees move when you are not looking.  Damn things will just jump out in front of you when you less expect it.

Just now, Indy said:

Plus everyone knows trees move when you are not looking.  Damn things will just jump out in front of you when you less expect it.

Well, this is a road bike helmet thread. 

My helmets run about 200-250 retail. Tossing those after 3 years is just another cost of riding.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

My helmets run about 200-250 retail. Tossing those after 3 years is just another cost of riding.

Road bike?

People still ride those?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yes, but with this helmet we would know how fast you were going, the exact gps coordinates of the tree, watch the tree jumping into your path and the impact on video. ;)

16 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I have the 3/4 Sena/Bell helmet now. When Sena comes out with a modular full face bluetooth helmet, I'm signing up.

https://www.sena.com/product/noise-control-helmet/

sena full face.jpg