Are we going to be deluged?

Road Runner

Nah.  I think I'm done.  I might post a bunch of pics in a week or two when the gang I talked into doing this gets me there pics.  I will not be doing the ride, no way I will have the strength to be ready in two months.  The knee is a little sore today.  I rode yesterday and did a quick run this morning.  I'm not 100% yet.  All during the run, I was thinking, damn I'm glad I'm not on a bike.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Nah.  I think I'm done.  I might post a bunch of pics in a week or two when the gang I talked into doing this gets me there pics.  I will not be doing the ride, no way I will have the strength to be ready in two months.  The knee is a little sore today.  I rode yesterday and did a quick run this morning.  I'm not 100% yet.  All during the run, I was thinking, damn I'm glad I'm not on a bike.

Wuss.  You could always get replacement knees after the race, you know.

I am sad that we will not hear about the ride up the mountain this year, and that we haven't heard much about the run up the mountain yet.  :(

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

You're saying that running up a hill is easier than biking up a hill ?

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Wuss.  You could always get replacement knees after the race, you know.

I am sad that we will not hear about the ride up the mountain this year, and that we haven't heard much about the run up the mountain yet.  :(

I don't think people really want to hear about it.  I tried to limit my training talk, and then I got sidelined, so that was probably a good thing.

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

What? Not doing the ride??? But you already have a six tooth chainring, you don't want to waste it.

Nope, not this year.  Got injured early in the year, still recovering, my knee would never withstand it.  Possibly next year, but not sure yet.

2 hours ago, Further said:

You're saying that running up a hill is easier than biking up a hill ?

A lot easier.  I can run or walk.  This year I planned to run the whole thing, my knee had different plans and I walked 99% of it.  Still hard, my heart rate averaged 164.  I did not stop except for water, and that was only for 10 or 15 seconds, sometimes, I just slowed down.  With riding, here is no break.  It's close to impossible to get going again on a 12% grade.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't think people really want to hear about it.

I think people like to hear about the journey, what it takes, how it goes, what went right, what went wrong, how coaching has helped, etc.   

This is a once a year thing (or twice if you actually ride a bike up), and is a big-ass challenge that I think most of us would like to have a go at at some point, or at least to think we would have done it in a past life. Hearing about what you do and the details you post forge a connection that we all share in, so there is that to consider.   

I say share away, people can always go to a different post if that isn't their cup of tea.  Plus, we get to razz you about if you post, but miss out if you don't. 

• Heart 3

10 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Plus, we get to razz you about it if you post, but miss out if you don't. 

This is it in a nutshell.  :) 

Please post away, SW.  I was just poking you with a stick.  That is what we do here, or at least that was what we used to do here before everyone got so sensitive and all.  

Your correct response to this thread should have been a deluge of Mt Washington threads and posts.   :nodhead: :D 

• Heart 2