Smudge's knee; Wednesday update.

smudge

Well, I got my brace. I thought I would like it, but I hate it. The lowest strap is right over the tender spot on my shin. HoSmudge and I are gonna reef on it to get it to lie flat. It's at a bit of an angle; not good to bite into a tender shin!

brace.jpg.e7d150926de8a86ddba8c9d225595e75.jpg

And for some reason for the past couple days my knee and foot are achy. Worse than in the beginning. Apparently my Ortho doc doesn't prescribe pain meds. Whu??? Tylenol and ibuprofen. sigh...

2 minutes ago, smudge said:

Well, I got my brace. I thought I would like it, but I hate it. The lowest strap is right over the tender spot on my shin. HoSmudge and I are gonna reef on it to get it to lie flat. It's at a bit of an angle; not good to bite into a tender shin!

brace.jpg.e7d150926de8a86ddba8c9d225595e75.jpg

And for some reason for the past couple days my knee and foot are achy. Worse than in the beginning. Apparently my Ortho doc doesn't prescribe pain meds. Whu??? Tylenol and ibuprofen. sigh...

Any way you can slide something under the lower strap to spread out the pressure and not have it just on your sore spot?  I've had to modify things over the years to reduce sore spots with my AFOs. Docs are only human, and they do not always get it right the first time.  My wife often questions the time it takes me to adjust to new AFOs. I think she is mainly worried that I am not out doing chores.:whistle:

• Heart 1

Ya, we will be torquing on it to straighten out that bottom section to be more parallel to my shin. I looked at my MRI report again, and it does mention a contusion on the tibia. 

Actually, once I get going, it feels pretty good. But once I stop and start up again....oooohh.

I took it off for a while and sat on the couch with an ice pack. Once I put it back on myself (the lady at the appliance store put it on first time), it felt pretty decent! I didn't try to strangle my leg with it like she did, so it felt supportive. And I feel much better about it. Not sure how I'll feel about it while sleeping.

14 hours ago, smudge said:

for some reason for the past couple days my knee and foot are achy.

Swelling!  

Did they tell you to elevate your leg?  If they did, that means above the level of your heart.  So, lay down, put your leg up on some pillows and order people around. :)  

• Heart 1

I spend some time on the couch or LaZyBoy. 

I whined to the Ortho doc that I feel bad for my skin for the swelling and stretching of my skin. He said we'll, it's injured and there will be swelling.... It really has gone down a ton. I actually have TWO kneecaps again!

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, smudge said:

I spend some time on the couch or LaZyBoy. 

I whined to the Ortho doc that I feel bad for my skin for the swelling and stretching of my skin. He said we'll, it's injured and there will be swelling.... It really has gone down a ton. I actually have TWO kneecaps again!

Did you tell him you wanted the slice and dice option instead of the waiting to die option?

27 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Did you tell him you wanted the slice and dice option instead of the waiting to die option?

Heh, heh... I haven't seen him since the first appointment. I'll let him know at my Aug 10 appointment or if I bump into him at work. (He's a Marquette Dr but is at our Ortho office on Thursdays.)