Attracting the other big kids

Square Wheels

I think we had a decent first (1/2) day.  More than 300 posts in less than 12 hours!

There are a lot of big folks here from that other site.

Any thoughts on how to attract some of the other popular kids to come play over here?  I spammed them enough, and their tolerance for banning seems pretty low.

How about other places to attract new members from.  Any suggestions?

I think we had a decent first (1/2) day.  More than 300 posts in less than 12 hours!

There are a lot of big folks here from that other site.

Any thoughts on how to attract some of the other popular kids to come play over here?  I spammed them enough, and their tolerance for banning seems pretty low.

How about other places to attract new members from.  Any suggestions?

I think if we want to attract a diverse crowd, we start with the outliers that really shouldn't like us much, like the OG forum.  The raid to the mallwalkers forum successfully gained us some people, too.  

Could somebody find Nate?

Who are you trying to PM over there?  I could pm for you if you like, whaddya wanna say, and to whom?

Whoever you think won't report you as a spammer.

jsharr always seemed fun, and while he was controversial I liked BoSoxYacht - sans the death threats.

This is what I sent to get you here, and it worked, so a version of this would be fine.

Many folks here seem pretty disappointed with the new software that Rodale selected, and rightly so.

I created a new site.

http://squarewheelscycling.com/

There aren't a lot of rules, well actually there really aren't any.  Just be civil and respectful of one another.

The badword filter is very limited, and can be adjusted as requested.

The sooner you join, the better the chance of getting the user name you want.

This will be a democratically run site.  You ask for options, I'll deliver the (feasible) ones most requested.

Please take a look and consider joining.

Whoever you think won't report you as a spammer.

jsharr always seemed fun, and while he was controversial I liked BoSoxYacht - sans the death threats.

This is what I sent to get you here, and it worked, so a version of this would be fine.

Many folks here seem pretty disappointed with the new software that Rodale selected, and rightly so.

I created a new site.

There aren't a lot of rules, well actually there really aren't any.  Just be civil and respectful of one another.

The badword filter is very limited, and can be adjusted as requested.

The sooner you join, the better the chance of getting the user name you want.

This will be a democratically run site.  You ask for options, I'll deliver the (feasible) ones most requested.

Please take a look and consider joining.

Hell, you knew I was coming the moment you said you were gonna pull the trigger!

AFAIK, he got attacked for posting about getting guns and/or training with guns for his kids around the time of the Newtown, CT shootings.  VB.1 was the major culprit, from what I saw.

I knew it was an issue with a forum member, but never caught who.  I could believe that as VB1 is a anti-gun nut who likes to go extreme with it.  He turns into EPG on those type of topics.

Did Charlie Burgh leave the LF due to the Bosox fallout? I'd rather have Charlie here than Bosox. Bosox has already created another alias for LF and continues to be a prick with his every post.

Not sure, but yes, I would much rather have Charlie.  BoSox, I am more than happy to do with out.  He might know bike stuff, but he also liked to bash what people rode if it wasn't up to his standards.  That's what first turned me off about him, that and the fact the guy is pretty much a loser.

I knew it was an issue with a forum member, but never caught who.  I could believe that as VB1 is a anti-gun nut who likes to go extreme with it.  He turns into EPG on those type of topics.

Yeah, he does go all EPG on the anti-gun stuff.  Sucks to see JSharr not there.   Maybe we can get him here.

Yeah, he does go all EPG on the anti-gun stuff.  Sucks to see JSharr not there.   Maybe we can get him here.

Not sure if anyone has tried to contact him or not.  I've got his e-mail address and can let him know if no one else has.

• Heart 1

Sure, I like him.  We're safe, the C word is blocked, plus that will get him banned.

I think he meant the guy with too many r's in his name.

And there you go, slipping in another rule to the there is no rules forum.