April Garden Tour for Lydia Cheesewaithe

Page Turner

This thread is an example of why it was worth putting up with all your insanity.  Absolutely beautiful.   :slow-dance-smiley:

Back in the day I would have pinned the thread and bragged on you for 3 days. Now, this will have to suffice.   :)

Please make a beautiful flower bouquet of all the different coordinating colors and send to my Kirby with a nice note attached.

The card should read, 

Love Lydia Cheesewaithe.    

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

Is this your neighbor's yard?

...my neighbor is an Italian-american who watches Fox News.  The only thing he grows are lawn grass and tomatoes.

Every god damn year it's the same thing with his tomatoes.  *sigh*  I mean, I like tomatoes too, but this guy is obsessive about them.

• Whatever 1

Just now, Page Turner said:

...my neighbor is an Italian-american who watches Fox News.  The only thing he grows are lawn grass and tomatoes.

Every god damn year it's the same thing with his tomatoes.  *sigh*  I mean, I like tomatoes too, but this guy is obsessive about them.

It's hard to beat a good pasta sauce.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Lydia Cheesewaithe said:

Btw, pic 6 is spectacular!  

Although I see no white marble water fountain.  It's gorgeous, you really should be proud.    :nodhead:

...pride comes right before codling moth gets in all your apples.:(  That kinda takes the wind out of your inflated ego.:nodhead:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I like the fruit pictures.  Please post more closeups of fruit.  Closeups.  Of fruit.

...those would be fall harvest pictures.  The only fruit left on the trees right now area few sad kumquats, a couple of buckets of Meyer lemons, and one lime that made it through the winter. There will be cherries in about a month if the few bees that managed to show up this year worked their little bee asses off.  There weren't many of them, for sure.:(

I planted my vegetable garden over the weekend. Some of the seeds were just sprouting through this morning to too early to take a picture. This year I built a frame with PVC pipes, painted to blend in, and covered with deer netting to control the birds, squirrels, etc. We don't have deer locally - more the other side of town. I had some excess netting where I trimmed some panels and stapled it to the top of the fence where the squirrels launch themselves to the bird feeder and devour all the seed. Amazingly it appears to have solved the problem.