Snow and ice day

petitepedal

:nodhead:  We got wind...and it got dark for a bit ..they are talking snow, ice, sleet and rain mix for today..Something like 6 inches fell yesterday  Our plowing company came by about 6...but roads are reported in poor condition...and don't leave the city..blizzard conditions south and west of here:runcirclsmiley:The snow started again..and the birdies are sheltering under my deck!

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

The true story of last weekend’s blizzard

A yuge blizzard descended on Minnesota over the weekend and all of our people who went south for the winter got back home in time to experience it. It was truly yuge, a fabulous blizzard and the snow was up to the housetops and the highway patrol said, “Stay in your homes. Do not drive on account of rabid wolves and jackals running loose.” But some of us went out anyway because that’s how we are. America was not settled by the timid.

April 15th is a little late for a blizzard and so there was some bitter complaining but I just strapped on my skis and went out in the storm and yes, there were jackals, but you run into these guys and you just have to deal with them.

I like the sense of timelessness of a blizzard. You think, this is like #ValleyForge, it’s like the #OregonTrail, like #TheRealWestwardExpansion, not that I want to go back to an older time — I don’t — it’s simply a chance to make a fresh start, to reboot.