Do vegans

Prophet Zacharia

18 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Accept or reject the concept of vegetables in the role of a simulated meat product? It seems to me that they’d prefer vegetables without the faux-meat disguise. Or do they like eating something that resembles what everyone else is eating? But where is the moral supremacy in that:default_sissy-fight-smiley:

Familiar foods?  There is comfort in the familiar.  Making their food resemble comfort food, AND be healthy...that's the ultimate, right?

Eventually lab grown fake meat will go on sale.

It will be grown from meat cells, but there's no cruelty, it will have a much smaller carbon footprint than the real thing.

So the ethical and practical considerations will largely be resolved. So vegetarians will rejoice, right?

Kinda doubt that.

I don't think they will want to give up their sense of moral superiority.

1 hour ago, late said:

Eventually lab grown fake meat will go on sale.

It will be grown from meat cells, but there's no cruelty, it will have a much smaller carbon footprint than the real thing.

So the ethical and practical considerations will largely be resolved. So vegetarians will rejoice, right?

Kinda doubt that.

I don't think they will want to give up their sense of moral superiority.

A vegan told me that they would not touch lab grown meat, because it is from an animal.  I confirmed, even though there is no death and less carbon footprint.  Then said they would not touch it.

They don't even use honey.  I tried to explain that honey producers actually work in harmony with the veggie farms for pollination.  They still said ...no honey...that is an animal product.

27 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

A vegan told me that they would not touch lab grown meat, because it is from an animal.  I confirmed, even though there is no death and less carbon footprint.  Then said they would not touch it.

They don't even use honey.  I tried to explain that honey producers actually work in harmony with the veggie farms for pollination.  They still said ...no honey...that is an animal product.

Holier than thou...

While there are clearly many who object to killing animals for food,  the few vegetarians/vegans I know well are not looking for moral supremacy but for long life, to which they believe meat is a threat.

So I'm sure they welcome another flavor of veggies to choose from.

5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

While there are clearly many who object to killing animals for food,  the few vegetarians/vegans I know well are not looking for moral supremacy but for long life, to which they believe meat is a threat.

So I'm sure they welcome another flavor of veggies to choose from.

10000000000000%

8 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

They still said ...no honey...that is an animal product.

I've read that harvesting honey is harmful to the bees.  It may or may not be true, I read it on the internet.

I am having a plant based burger.  I suspect it's because I was an omnivore until a few years ago, and yes, still like the idea of a burger.

I doubt I will ever consume animal products again, that would include the meat cultured from cells.  The cultured me will be so beyond processed it's crazy to even think of it as food.

14 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I suspect it's because I was an omnivore until a few years ago, and yes, still like the idea of a burger.

You’re not exactly militant in your positions, unlike say, maybe... JimFx. Burgers are easy and fun to eat, I can see the attraction of eating them. Unless you’re doing Keto, then the “no bun” thing is a drag. 

Could you see yourself eating a plant-based “shrimp” or “lobster” dish?