BR46 really really really let us down

Kzoo

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Come down...I just got home a little while ago. We had to stop on the way home and empty the shitter and it's not safe to be posting and driving even if I have my helmet on. 

Excuses are for the weak.  Make with the pics.

I told you about a bike crashing and bursting into flames. 

I don't know the guys name but he was putted a few spots down from me.  He went into the corner to fast and the back end came around and and he highsided 

1517820676_Screenshot_20191006-150124_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.34724cc7e0634bb4056e642e40abd700.jpg

The corner workers are not setup for this kinda response but they saved this guy. He was unconscious under the motorcycle when it exploded and a corner flag man with no safety gear lifted the burning motorcycle off the rider. 

89998482_Screenshot_20191006-150151_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.89134c530b1cc2d0ed822926c31442fa.jpg20191005_114140.thumb.jpg.a6fbab4d3a60a55bb649e4e54984f262.jpg20191005_114055.thumb.jpg.327de3c9f0baa9185daf5065c199e44c.jpg

The rider had a minor concussion and a bump on his elbow. The corner worker is missing a eyebrow and some slight burns to some fingers. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

thank you--- maybe the corner works should have some safety gear?

The track dose have a safety team that are in fire suits and ready to roll at all times and the corner workers just have a fire extinguisher. The corner workers job is to warn the races and help with removing down motorcycles and debris. The safety team is to assist the riders. The corner workers broke the rules when they abandoned the position and lifted the burning motorcycle off the racer. 

So the big question is....was it the right thing to do but wrong to abandon the flag station. 

48 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

This is one advantage to drag racing.  The fire/safety crew is never far away.

Road America is so big that there's 3 drifrent safety teams stations around the track but that still means that they are over a mile away. 

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, BR46 said:

The track dose have a safety team that are in fire suits and ready to roll at all times and the corner workers just have a fire extinguisher. The corner workers job is to warn the races and help with removing down motorcycles and debris. The safety team is to assist the riders. The corner workers broke the rules when they abandoned the position and lifted the burning motorcycle off the racer. 

So the big question is....was it the right thing to do but wrong to abandon the flag station. 

Interesting question. Helping one could have hurt others. Hmmm

• Heart 1