today's coffee

bikeman564™

Is mocha java from Biggby. I bought a bag of beans yesterday. It's a flavorful coffee w/ a slight nutty taste. Anywho, this is their description.

Mocha Java - Mocha Java is the world's oldest blend. Mocha does not refer to chocolate, Mocha refers to Mokka, the ancient port city in Yemen. Coffee traders importing from the island of Java would blend their coffee with Yemen Mokka and ship it to Europe. This blend is the perfect balance of body and flavor, and it's the favorite of the founders of BIGGBY®.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

Is mocha java from Biggby. I bought a bag of beans yesterday. It's a flavorful coffee w/ a slight nutty taste. Anywho, this is their description.

Mocha Java - Mocha Java is the world's oldest blend. Mocha does not refer to chocolate, Mocha refers to Mokka, the ancient port city in Yemen. Coffee traders importing from the island of Java would blend their coffee with Yemen Mokka and ship it to Europe. This blend is the perfect balance of body and flavor, and it's the favorite of the founders of BIGGBY®.

I occasionally order coffee from peets.com and they have an Arabian Mocha Java blend, for something like $17.95/lb, that is among the best coffees I have tasted!

• Heart 2