Family breakfast..

Wilbur

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

What time do this people get up?  Cheeseburgers are not for morning consumption

Pfft!  That is like saying pizza is not good as a cold breakfast!  

One is up and working at 06:30, the other at 07:00.    They, like me, don't eat until  11:00 or so. 

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

What time do this people get up?  Cheeseburgers are not for morning consumption

Well, it has cheese...  

It would freak you out to have breakfast at a nice German hotel.  We're in a lovely inn ..around since 1200's. Buffet breakfast included not only choice cold cuts, eggs, bread, all sorts of European little artisan cheeses, but also ...pate, full out cake torte slices. The latter 2 was a first for me. :o I've had other incredible spreads for brekkie in other years/places where we've travelled.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Well, it has cheese...  

It would freak you out to have breakfast at a nice German hotel.  We're in a lovely inn ..around since 1200's. Buffet breakfast included not only choice cold cuts, eggs, bread, all sorts of European little artisan cheeses, but also ...pate, full out cake torte slices. The latter 2 was a first for me. :o I've had other incredible spreads for brekkie in other years/places where we've travelled.

Most European hotels offer a similar spread.  In Italy, I normally have a little parmesan, cold cuts and fresh fruit for breakfast.  Most German hotels offer extensive foods to accommodate the variety of countries their guests are from.  There are even North American standards and <cough> Cafe Americano.  :) 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Well, it has cheese...  

Similar to Luxembourg.  I really am not a super fan of breakfast but four hours later would be fine. Before that coffee and maybe a croissant but nothing sweet or savory. 

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Most European hotels offer a similar spread.  In Italy, I normally have a little parmesan, cold cuts and fresh fruit for breakfast.  Most German hotels offer extensive foods to accommodate the variety of countries their guests are from.  There are even North American standards and <cough> Cafe Americano.  :) 

I love it when some of the European hotels have machines at the buffet for guests to make their own latte or cappacino.  

• Heart 1

On 4/21/2020 at 9:57 AM, Wilbur said:

I cleaned the refrigerator and made a bacon cheeseburger, fries and spinach omelette.   They will eat leftovers and they will like it, dammit!  :) 

Yum!  I found enough Brown N Serve Vermont Maple-flavored Sausages at the supermarket to last me 2-3 weeks, so I'm going to be doing a lot of eggs over medium, eggs scrambled with onions, red bell peppers. sausage cut in little circles, garlic powder and cheese, and maybe an omelette here and there with leftover veggies, onions, sausage, and cheese.

• Heart 2