Awesome trip

BR46

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Did your lovely wife have a good time?

Yes she did but she was disappointed that we didn't get any paddle boarding in. The first day we were there it was extremely windy. Day two it was on the cool side (temps in the 50s low 60s). In the evening the breeze calmed down and the temperature warmed up but we dead tired from biking all day. 

We were going down one trail that was narrow with a sharp drop off. If you went a foot or two to the left it was a 50 foot drop to the river blow. 

I got through that and waited for her to catch up... she pulled up with a big ass smile on her face saying.....that was scary but fun. 

We did one flow trail where I turned around to see where she was and I was suprised to see her right on my tail. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

4 minutes ago, smudge said:

Yup, Copper Harbor biking is too scary for me. I've never seen that bridge in action, but I've only been there a handful of times. Hope you got some quality pasties. (Not all are created equal)

They were good..we got them at Roy's Pasties and Bakery 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

We were going down one trail that was narrow with a sharp drop off. If you went a foot or two to the left it was a 50 foot drop to the river blow. 

Nope... not on a bike.  I'll hike a trail like that, but no way would I ride a bike there.   

Looks like you had a great time.  

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

Nope... not on a bike.  I'll hike a trail like that, but no way would I ride a bike there.   

Looks like you had a great time.  

This was one of my favorite trails. I found this on YouTube 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, smudge said:

Ok, Garden Brook looks safe and doable.

We did ride a few trails that were more difficult but the videos were the part of the ride that we liked the best. 

The guy at the Keweenaw Adventure bicycle shop was very helpful on pointing out that 60+ trails 

• Awesome 1

Loves me the Keweenaw. :nodhead:

Interestingly, in forty years of traveling to the UP, I know I've ridden over (and under) the Portage Lift Bridge hundreds of times by snowmobile. And crossed it a few times by motorcycle and bicycle. But I cant remember ever driving over it in a car. :scratchhead:

I hope you stopped at the Gay Bar while you were UP there. :P 

7 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Loves me the Keweenaw. :nodhead:

Interestingly, in forty years of traveling to the UP, I know I've ridden over (and under) the Portage Lift Bridge hundreds of times by snowmobile. And crossed it a few times by motorcycle and bicycle. But I cant remember ever driving over it in a car. :scratchhead:

I hope you stopped at the Gay Bar while you were UP there. :P 

We did not stop at the gay bar.

We are planning on going back soon 

• Heart 1