Moose and fox

dinneR

Cool!  How often are you seeing moose?  It was funny watching that Phil Gaimon vid on his ride in the Tetons where he was all about spotting moose for his girlfriend :)  He went from "I've never seen a moose" to "They're everywhere!!!" 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Cool!  How often are you seeing moose?  It was funny watching that Phil Gaimon vid on his ride in the Tetons where he was all about spotting moose for his girlfriend :)  He went from "I've never seen a moose" to "They're everywhere!!!" 

They are everywhere. There are a few that hang out by my GF's place so I see some every time I go there. There are a few thousand elk on the refuge right now. 

Seeing a fox is cool. We don't see those every day.

4 minutes ago, denniS said:

Around here, once you know you have a fox and you have an idea of their territory, it is easier to spot them.  We have a tree line that one fox likes to patrol.  At my SiL's they have a fox that will regularly wander a certain route from the neighbors, across the street, and through their side yard.  But if you aren't paying attention, they cruise by quietly and unnoticed.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, denniS said:

They are everywhere. There are a few that hang out by my GF's place so I see some every time I go there. There are a few thousand elk on the refuge right now. 

We see foxes almost on a daily here.  Mostly these red dudes.

Creature Feature: Red Fox | Natural Resources Council of Maine

Every now and then we will see a silver (?) fox.  I think that they are actually someone's pets. 

The Silver Fox Animal Full Profile 2021- Animals Home

I would really like to see and possibly wrestle a Moose.

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

We have a red Fox 🦊 who lives in the park near our home. He came out of the park one evening and looked both ways before crossing the road. Probably looking for chickens?

I miss Redd!

actor-redd-foxx-in-sanford-and-son-bettm

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

We see foxes almost on a daily here.  Mostly these red dudes.

Creature Feature: Red Fox | Natural Resources Council of Maine

Every now and then we will see a silver (?) fox.  I think that they are actually someone's pets. 

The Silver Fox Animal Full Profile 2021- Animals Home

I would really like to see and possibly wrestle a Moose.

Moose are ornery beasts. Most of the time, they'll leave the trail when you are faced off with them. Occasionally, they stand their ground and I have to turn around. 

This one grunted and left the trail. We had no plan other than using bear spray if it kept walking toward us.

0924171423a.jpg

• Heart 1