Fall in Texas

jsharr

Lows were in the upper 30s in places around here and highs in upper 70s to low 80s.

I think it was 45 at my house this AM and it is now 82.

One town north of here had a low of 24 with wind chill and a high of 80.  

Pretty dramatic swing

What was the high and low for you today?

We've had mostly highs in the 40's and 50's - with a 60 or two - and lows in the 30's and 40's for the past couple of weeks and forecast through the first full week of December.

It was a great year for tomatoes and it probably cost me $100 more than I saved in buying food to grow them and do the garden this year, but it won't cost much next year.

If Nov'. 21st's 24°-low didn't kill my tomato plants, they'd still be growing.  The 24 oz. I cut up in chicken soup on Sunday are very tasty, but I'm now down to a few beefsteak tomatoes and the last one was as tasteless as winter-supermarket tomatoes. I'm having one more meal of pork chops, sauerkraut and kielbasa, and tomatoes and, if the next tomato is like the last, I'm calling it a season for beefsteaks.  I still have a couple quart Ziploc bags full of cherry and 1+" diameter Wapsipinicon Peach tomatoes that are still tasty and will get used up in the next couple of weeks.