Taars and campers

Parr8hed

18 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Well, we've decided to put the camper up for sale.  I hate this, but it is hard to justify the monthly payment when we use it a couple times a year now.  Just traveling too far for softball to really make it worth while.  Also it is 4 years old now.  By the time Emmy gets done with high school and we are looking to live full time in a camper this thing will be 10 years old (and not the floor plan for two people to live in).  Plus it needs some stuff to keep using it.  Tires, etc.  So I think it's time to let someone else use it while it is still worth something.  

And I heard some whining coming from the rear end of the f150 the past few weeks.  It keeps getting worse, pretty sure its my taars.  After looking a few things up they are 3 years old with 65K miles.  Yep, about time to replace them.  So I ordered up some new taars for it.  I LOVE new taar day.  Makes a truck feel new again.  :D  Just hate spending the money.  This one will be a double whammy.  I put 10 ply E load rated taars on it last time because I was using it to tow the camper.  This time I just ordered regulart old 4 ply light truck taars so it should ride much smoother now with replacing old taars AND going back to 4 ply.  I am excite. 

Sad about the camper which is so full of memories. You can rent a camper for your thanksgiving gathering. 

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Sad about the camper which is so full of memories. You can rent a camper for your thanksgiving gathering. 

Or stay at the lodge.  There are a lot of memories in that thing.  But I get to keep those.  They don't sell with the camper.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

By the time Emmy gets done with high school and we are looking to live full time in a camper this thing will be 10 years old (and not the floor plan for two people to live in

Wo46 and I are good for about 3 weeks together in the motorhome. 

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

I assume you are going to keep the truck so that you will have something to pull your stock trailer when you pick up your load of sheep.:whistle:

Ha!  I follow this goat dude on tictock.  He takes his goats all over the place in TN.  He uses them to clean up vegetation.  He goes out and sets up a temporary fence and then takes his goats with a big livestock trailer.  They stay for a couple weeks and clear the land.  Pretty cool gig!  But in all seriousness I will most likely keep the f350.  We will have another driver shortly and will need the extra vehicle.  And I plan to pull another bigger camper soon.  If I sell the 350 now I would just be buying another one in 3 years.  By then an XLT basic model will probably go for 90 grand.  Might as well keep this one. 

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

He's selling the truck and getting a Tesla.

Nevah.

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

Wo46 and I are good for about 3 weeks together in the motorhome. 

Hoping we can full time in our next rig.  But it will be a big 5th wheel.  

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I heard some whining coming from the rear end of the f150 the past few weeks.  It keeps getting worse, pretty sure its my taars.

Not hearing the noise.. my first guess was something in the rear that has worn out.    Then again it could be the taars. 

What’s that Strange Whining Noise That's Not Your Mother-in-Law?

• Haha 1