Unbelievable

Razors Edge

...how crafty I am :D

My truck came with the towing doodads I needed, but it didn't come with a good option for my bike when towing.  Normally, I chuck a bike in the back seat so it is safe, and I could use my hitch rack if needed, but both are unavailable when headed off to camp with the trailer.  

So... I bought a $3 2x4, cut it up a bit, screwed & bolted some things together, and VOILA!

7U6pBlgpZQcwTdQP-uKDLjqpIKOgGlA1lckERQDE

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

We used to have to put the bikes in the trailer but this car has room in the back for them. Life would be much simpler if both bikes had quick release front wheels but the wife’s bike has a front hub motor and removing and replacing it is a bit of a production.

I slapped together a plywood rack to transport them and it works but it definitely needs some refinement.

1E54FD50-38BB-46EC-9F11-B1929448B75F.jpeg

F4A17B89-6196-49A0-887C-ECF78810A651.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

20 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...how crafty I am :D

My truck came with the towing doodads I needed, but it didn't come with a good option for my bike when towing.  Normally, I chuck a bike in the back seat so it is safe, and I could use my hitch rack if needed, but both are unavailable when headed off to camp with the trailer.  

So... I bought a $3 2x4, cut it up a bit, screwed & bolted some things together, and VOILA!

7U6pBlgpZQcwTdQP-uKDLjqpIKOgGlA1lckERQDE

Your saddle is too high.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I am diggin' the yellow handlebar tape.

I like it, but it really shows dirt. It matches the color scheme of the bike - mainly white with black and yellow as the other main colors.  

At a year old, it's time to replace it.

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I like it, but it really shows dirt. It matches the color scheme of the bike - mainly white with black and yellow as the other main colors.  

At a year old, it's time to replace it.

Yeah, I agree.  It's always nice to have a bike color scheme that matches your garden hose.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, smudge said:

The things we do for our bikes...

👍👍 To all!

Yeah - long term plan is a tonneau and bike mounts above it.  But I haven't gotten that far, and a few bucks for some wood, and using stuff I already had made more sense.  I worked well, and I'll probably use it a few more times until I sort out a better solution.

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Fresh water hose!!! Learn your hoses, dude!

Technically a garden hose and fresh water hose are the same thing. The water coming out of the water line and through a meter do not really change. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1