Moved the last of Judie’s stuff today

Longjohn

10 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Glad you are done with moving.  I HATE moving.

Now you have a new project...   You may need one of these.

image.thumb.png.ac786a435e55bca68de3f54340b72248.png

The uhaul guy had one of those, no power to any of the contacts. Owl probably just wire the CRV to pull a trailer. They are easy and I already have the hitch I installed for hauling bikes.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

Do you have way too much stuff now?

WAAAY TOO MUCH STUFF.

I gave away my couch and recliner, antique vanity with big round mirror, Lane cedar chest, I burned some tables and chairs and a waterbed frame and under bed dressers. I have made many trips to the twice blessed store. Judy gave away her dining room table and chairs and matching China cupboard and her tv stand/entertainment center.

The stuff I hauled yesterday in my opinion we don’t need any of it. If it stays packed in the totes too long owl start making it disappear.

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The stuff I hauled yesterday in my opinion we don’t need any of it. If it stays packed in the totes too long owl start making it disappear.

When we moved I purged a lot of my old stuff.   WoBG... nope it ALL was needed.  Most of it is still in boxes in the basement.  WoBG insists... she will go thru the boxes.  A few have gone away over 5 years.

I offered to get a dumpster... lets just say that didn't go over very well.  

• Haha 1

That’s a lot of downsizing to make space for each other. It’s hard to let go of things I use infrequently, like this one-cup Keurig machine. We used it during our kitchen renovation and when my brother visited. He drank 12 Keurig pods in a morning, which makes me think I should get a 12 cup coffeemaker to store on the shelf above the fridge instead. 

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Label and date the boxes. Give them an "expiration" date - sell, donate, or trash by dd/mm/202x.  And not just hers, yours too.

Your children will thank you.  Hopefully you live another 30 yrs as a happy couple, but at some point, all our "stuff" becomes someone else's (kids!) problem. A sale or donation now is $$$ for you.  When we wait, it becomes $$$ for the junk removal crew.