The wildlife around here

Rattlecan

35 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

That is getting close to fox. 

I've biked along bike paths in Calgary and Vancouver in city, where a coyote came within 5 metres of me.  It was not comfortable feeling ...we did stare at each other.

The Coyotes I’ve seen in the wild are the size of German Shepherds, wouldn’t want to tangle with one, especially not a group. Last one was 50 yards away at a nature preserve, and before that from cars.

• Heart 4

Here’s one I shot 17 years ago in Yellowknife. This little fella spotted me having my lunch and thought maybe he would get in on the action.

I’m sure some drivers do feed them and they come to expect a handout. Not today I’m afraid.

13 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

The Coyotes I’ve seen in the wild are the size of German Shepherds, wouldn’t want to tangle with one, especially not a group. Last one was 50 yards away at a nature preserve, and before that from cars.

I came around a downhill bend on a dirt trail once to find a big coyote broadside on the trail.  I didn’t want to stop and wasn’t sure I could in time anyway so came at it thinking it would run off, except it didn’t.   I lifted my front wheel anticipating impact & not wanting to go OTB and it ran off with less than a foot between us.  

But that sucker was big, well over 50 lbs.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

Here’s one I shot 17 years ago in Yellowknife. This little fella spotted me having my lunch and thought maybe he would get in on the action.

I’m sure some drivers do feed them and they come to expect a handout. Not today I’m afraid.

Are you an Alex Debogorski fan? That guy rocks.

image.jpeg.66edd8e9a70126dd6be545bb7299c236.jpeg

• Heart 1

Who is Alex Debogorski?

Alex Debogorski is a Canadian ice road trucker, former reality TV star, public speaker, and author. Alex was born on the 4th of August 1953 and is currently 70 years old. He lives in Yellowknife, North West Canada, and has built a lifelong career as an ice road trucker.