Genius? Stupidity? Where Do You Get One?

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Randomguy,

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Is that in Europe somewhere?  

Historically it's American.  It's called a bundling board and in colonial times families would allow couples that might be betrothed for marriage to sleep together to get to know each other better while still being safely separated.

I remember reading somewhere an angry father's yell after hearing a loud crash..............."The bounder's jumped the bundling board."

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Historically it's American.  It's called a bundling board and in colonial times families would allow couples that might be betrothed for marriage to sleep together to get to know each other better while still being safely separated.

Yep. But also still in use in the US.

• Heart 1

• Solution
3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I remember reading somewhere an angry father's yell after hearing a loud crash..............."The bounder's jumped the bundling board."

I believe the amish (for real) do this during courting.  The families consider this to be important for bonding and getting to know each other.

Every time I hear a few weird and wacky facts about the amish, a really cool and surprising fact about them surfaces, too.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I believe the amish (for real) do this during courting.  The families consider this to be important for bonding and getting to know each other.

Every time I hear a few weird and wacky facts about the amish, a really cool and surprising fact about them surfaces, too.

I'm reading a story about an Amish guy who murders his wife and then later his kid.  He liked his teenage wife-to-be because she let him do everything while bed courting.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Undoubtedly an ancestor of rg, re, parr8, or lj! :D

• Haha 1