Found linoleum

42 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Why would you change that beautiful tile out, ever?  It is perfect for VA!

Pretty mod looking isn’t it!

14 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

That linoleum almost certainly has asbestos. Don't disturb it. Fine to go over the top with it

House was built in 1985, I think asbestos wasn’t in use then. But we plan to leave as is and layer on top. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Pretty mod looking isn’t it!

House was built in 1985, I think asbestos wasn’t in use then. But we plan to leave as is and layer on top. 

1989 but there are many exceptions where it is still in use. Just don't go scraping it up & eating the remains.

https://www.epa.gov/asbestos/epa-actions-protect-public-exposure-asbestos#:~:text=1989 Partial Ban on the,These uses remain banned.

One of the more common hot spots for asbestos is drywall mud. When I sold my business I started up a asbestos testing business for the new owner. I got certified & he did too. It's shocking how much is still around & in use. I only got certified to help the new owner navigate the process. At the next renewal I let it lapse

• Thank You 1

Something like this is what I would consider putting in. While this appears to be wood waterproof flooring, would probably lean towards the wood look vinyl floooring 'boards'. QuickStep Studio + Spill Repel Whistler Oak 12-mm T x 6-in W x 48-in L Waterproof Wood Plank Laminate Flooring (1 / Carton) in the Laminate Flooring department at Lowes.com

14 hours ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Some water from the bathroom renovation got some carpet wet in the basement. We never cared much for the carpet so we tore out the wet area and kept going. Choosing new flooring this week. 

IMG_2156.jpeg

When I saw :"linoleum" I suspected it was going to be older stuff.  Vinyl flooring like Congoleum that is cheaper and needs less care is the main low cost flooring in residences today.

When my house was rebuilt in 2020-21, "Congoleum" was what was recommended for the kitchen, back porch and bathroom. The rest of the house got Oak Natural 3.25" Flooring

20210412_143128900p.jpg.ac9ed64eae74be9547e2d5a9dc0ec849.jpg 20210412_143133_900p.thumb.jpg.999f3e7670d52b9326b6cd2132623292.jpg A16S395S_LG1.thumb.jpg.f2888fa309bc9ffa17e16148c3bce241.jpg