Anyone here use an Industrial Air compressor?

sheep_herder

I bought mine sixteen years ago when I got a small inheritance.  My wife told me to make a list of tools I have always wanted but wanted other things more, like clothes for the kids and stuff.  I'd have to go look at it to see what brand it is. It has worked flawlessly from the day I bought it.  When you said industrial air compressor I thought you were talking about the ones we use in the forge shop, those things are badass.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I bought mine sixteen years ago when I got a small inheritance.  My wife told me to make a list of tools I have always wanted but wanted other things more, like clothes for the kids and stuff.  I'd have to go look at it to see what brand it is. It has worked flawlessly from the day I bought it.  When you said industrial air compressor I thought you were talking about the ones we use in the forge shop, those things are badass.

Yes, I should have put quotes or brackets around 'Industrial Air Model P1682066.MN 1.6 hp' in addition to the caps to reduce confusion. The Ingersoll Rand compressor is nice, but a bit more than I was planning to spend.  I have been using a small compressor that I bought at auction in the 90s.  It is difficult to air the low boy tires, that I run on the 20 foot trailer to the required 80psi. So, I finally decided to buy a new one.

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

I work about 20 feet away form this one. It might do the job for you that you need.

This one is 200hp and the little on that's not in the photo is 125hp

air.jpg

We had those scattered all over the shop when the main air compressors couldn't keep up.  Not a good way to run a forge shop.  They built a new compressor building a couple years ago with really big compressors and they scrapped all those little ones.

46 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

We had those scattered all over the shop when the main air compressors couldn't keep up.  Not a good way to run a forge shop.  They built a new compressor building a couple years ago with really big compressors and they scrapped all those little ones.

The nice thing about working next to the compressor is that it's the warmest place in the factory.  The bad is that in the summer it's the warmest place in the factory. 

Edited by BR46
  • Heart 1