365 Grateful

SuzieQ

For a safe trip and a great visit with my son and his family all week.  Thankful to see he is doing well and has a wonderful family. I watched he and his wife and three daughters interact all week, work and play together.  I must have done something right because he grew up into a fine man and husband and dad. 

• Heart 3

For a safe trip and a great visit with my son and his family all week.  Thankful to see he is doing well and has a wonderful family. I watched he and his wife and three daughters interact all week, work and play together.  I must have done something right because he grew up into a fine man and husband and dad. 

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.   :)

• Heart 2

I am grateful that I got to spend today like a retired bastard and do whatever the heck I wanted to, as long as my wife let me!

One day does not qualify as retirement, not even "simulated retirement".  You need to be away from work for several weeks, sometimes even months if you want the true retirement experience.  Once you run out of honey-dos and your wife is sick of you hanging around the house all day, you will begin to see that retirement isn't the bed of roses that you thought it was.  It's a tough job.  Some can hack it, while others simply give up and go back to work.  Poor bastards.    :(

• Heart 3

For a nice day....nice enough to go on a 20+ miler after I water the lawn.  Nice enough to take the dog to the park after I get back from the ride.

Nice enough to spray the lawn with fungicide after I get back from the dog park.  Nice enough to bathe the dog and let her dry off on the deck later this afternoon.

One day does not qualify as retirement, not even "simulated retirement".  You need to be away from work for several weeks, sometimes even months if you want the true retirement experience.  Once you run out of honey-dos and your wife is sick of you hanging around the house all day, you will begin to see that retirement isn't the bed of roses that you thought it was.  It's a tough job.  Some can hack it, while others simply give up and go back to work.  Poor bastards.    :(

After just the fourth day, I am starting to crack!  I can;t take all this free time.  I feel like Humphrey Bogart in Treasure of the Sierra Madre: starting to go mad from all the freedom, just like he did with gold. :)  I get a little and I want MORE!  It is never enough!  :D

• Heart 2

Getting bit by 110, but managing not to fall off the ladder. Interesting conflict when you're pissed off but at the same time grateful for not falling.

Ouch!  Bad Pokey!  Be more careful, please!  Baron, give him some safety tips, please. :D

Mine is "just say no to home repair and renovation".   For safety's sake. :)

For David. He was one of the instructor types at the kayak class we took. He works up in our area during the week and offered to help my wife with some kayak issues she was having with the new kayak. 

We went out for a few hours with him last night on Lake Washington and he helped her figure out some of the problems she was having. He was immensely helpful. Secondly...it wasn't half bad paddling in the kayak on Lake Washington at sunset.

• Heart 1

That it only cost eighteen bucks (including tax) for the shop to put the front derailleur I had on my backup Frankenbike.  Only took a couple years for me to get that Ultegra 9spd triple configuration fully finished and actually truly compatible (rather than sorta-kinda) with the STI shifters.  Bought the derailleur on eBay (the bike was a Craiglist purchase).

(Picture before the new derailleur - 1993 Trek 1420 considerably modified, aka "Ol' Blue")

t1420_after.jpg

• Heart 1