eBay fees

Square Wheels

I have my old Garmin Vivofit sitting on my desk.  My wife sold hers for 18 dollars or so.  I thought that was pretty cool, I figured I'd try and sell mine.  I had no idea their fees were 10%, I'd rather just throw it away than go through the hassle of posting it, getting hit with the eBay and PayPal fees, packing it, shipping it.  It's not worth it.

I sold my old Fenix and a PowerTap hub.  Both were pricey items.  I expected to pay $10 or so.  A nice profit for them.  Nope, $46.57.

Anyone want a Garmin Vivofit?  I'll send it to you for free.

Image result for Garmin Vivofit

26 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I have my old Garmin Vivofit sitting on my desk.  My wife sold hers for 18 dollars or so.  I thought that was pretty cool, I figured I'd try and sell mine.  I had no idea their fees were 10%, I'd rather just throw it away than go through the hassle of posting it, getting hit with the eBay and PayPal fees, packing it, shipping it.  It's not worth it.

I sold my old Fenix and a PowerTap hub.  Both were pricey items.  I expected to pay $10 or so.  A nice profit for them.  Nope, $46.57.

Will it make me faster?

57 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Do you still have it.  What colors do you have?

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:
13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Do you still have it.  What colors do you have?

Do you have it in the fitbit version?

A kid I work with sell things on ebay all the time.  He ups what he wants to get out of it to cover those fees.  When he told me what they charged in fee's I about fell out of my chair.  With all those "billions" of potential buyers, that seems exorbitant.  They're just stealing from you.

Many sellers are padding their shipping fees to cover costs and avoid the eBay gouge.  The percentage is of closing costs, I believe.  I could be wrong.  I don't use them any longer. 

What I see happening is what has happened with big companies.  It is excess greed.  More.  They want more and more and MORE.

What we can do is avoid giving it to them.  Sell on Craigs, through a garage sale, or post it on your social medias feed.