Meet the Parents

12string

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

My daughter's boyfriend's parents are coming for dinner Sunday.  First time meet.  Should be interesting.

Not off to a good start, we promised to take them to an awesome Indian restaurant, it's now closing it's doors on Saturday

Must not have been that good :whistle:

Tom

• Heart 1

Been there before, it was a fantastic restaurant.  Best Indian food I've ever had.  According to all my Indian friends, best Indian food south of Canada.  But the building needs repairs that the landlord refuses to make.  They have another restaurant across the river, but we're about a month too late getting reservations.

Weird in that we already knew my future SIL's mom from PTA and other school related activities.  We've met a couple of my son's GF parents but his modus operandi is hot & crazy.  Parents of crazy wild chick usually don't give a rats ass or know who their daughter is with...

They met in college, so we wouldn't have crossed paths.  They're planning on retiring back to the Phillipines soon, so we thought it would be nice to meet them first.

My parents and my wife's parents used to run in similar social circles so they all knew each other.  It wasn't until we were married more than 25 years til we found out we were actually cousins.  My FiL's cousin married my aunt.

1 minute ago, 12string said:

They met in college, so we wouldn't have crossed paths.  They're planning on retiring back to the Phillipines soon, so we thought it would be nice to meet them first.

My parents and my wife's parents used to run in similar social circles so they all knew each other.  It wasn't until we were married more than 25 years til we found out we were actually cousins.  My FiL's cousin married my aunt.

There's a Kentucky joke in there somewhere.

• Haha 1