As you get older, do you like taking showers?

Dottleshead

42 minutes ago, Dottles said:

What the hell for?  I knew you were a pilot Wilbur but I didn't know you were neurotic too.

To wake up and get the bed bugs off!  :)  After a workout or ride.  Before bed.  I like to sleep clean, especially if I have to spend a day at altitude in recirculated air fully of engine oil residue and other peoples cooties. :) 

• Awesome 1

Well, I don't wanna do it -- but it's time for me to jump in the shower.  I'll probably go work outside later today and sweat up a storm and have to do it all over again but if I don't wash now -- I may decide not to work outside and then it's another night of being dirty.  You see what a PITA this all is??

On 7/7/2018 at 1:17 PM, Road Runner said:

My problem is that I usually ride or cut grass or whatever in the latter hours of the day in order to avoid the sun, the heat and the cars.   Many times I come in the house at 9 PM or later.  I still have to eat dinner and, of course, I have to take a shower.  But if I shower first, I'll be eating dinner at 10 PM.  So I usually eat first and put off the shower till later.  But then, after I eat, I'll get tired and sleepy and the thought of showering isn't as appealing as it should be.  Of course, I do shower.  I would never go to bed with all that dried up sweat on my body.  But it is a no-win situation.  Shower first and eat late, or eat first and drag my ass into the shower when I am really tired and ready for bed.

Eat in the shower.

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

I just sweat like a sweaty person sweating sweat working in the hot sun. My wife just informed me not showering after last night's sweatorama is not an option.

She does that to me, too.

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2018 at 6:46 PM, Wilbur said:

Yes it is a pain but less painful than being dirty.  I take 2-3 showers per day. 

I can understand this. ^^^^^

Now that I'm retired I spend all day just standing in the shower. Not washing myself but just standing there looking down....I find it very reassuring. ?

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, Tizeye said:

Did some yardwork this AM, all grungy. Thought about taking a shower, but didn't see any cars across the street and put my swim trunks on. No one at the community pool except one other couple. It was great.

I have done the same! I get back from a ride, wipe down pretty well with a towel before even entering the house, realize I am still hot as ballz and can either take a shower or go soak in the pool. Sometimes it is a long cold shower, sometimes a long soak in the pool.

Tom 

26 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I thought this was like showers V baths, but it’s not, merely washed V skanky. What a question! I dislike baths and love showers, but occasionally I’ll miss a day at the weekend, I can miss a few days no problem when camping.

That first at home shower after a long weekend of camping is rather nice, is it not?

Picture a hard boiled, brown egg. Crack it and break a few chunks of shell off. Put some hair on top of it, and then whack random swathes off. Now put this egg on top of a three hundred pound plus body.

That's my buddy Baldy. Nicest guy on earth....in his own way.

It was hot as hell in the mill the other day.

Baldy went home, grabbed a folding chair & a 12 pack, hiked down to the river, set the chair in the river so just his head was above water &  attacked the 12 pack.

I can imagine a canoer telling his buddy "honest to God it was the biggest turtle on earth and it was drinking Old Mill".... 

• Heart 1