Had to put some air in the car tires

Further

Pulled into Sheetz for the free air, there was a kid parked in front og the pump with his trunk lid up and a panicked look on his face. He stared at me and  pointed at the pump, I nodded yes. He walked up to my car and asked if I knew how to fix a flat tire. I asked if he had a spare, he said yes, I said well just change it. He said he didn't know how.

So I showed this late teens kid how to change a tire. Had to show him what the jack was, tighty righty-lefty loosey, basically everything. I wasn't mean, and he thanked me, but I felt a bit superior.

So today me & the missus are in the new van trying to work the apps for the GPS, how to sync a phone, basically how to operate the control system. It hit me that that kid from Sheetz could probably do this stuff in his sleep, these were the skills that one needs today. He didn't know how to change a tire because it doesn't need done much anymore.

The van doesn't even have a spare, it has run flat tires that you can drive on to get to a professional to fix the tire. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

I’ve never used a buggy whip but see them used almost daily. They don’t actually use them on the buggy.

Where are they when they use them?  We had a cart and pony when the kids were young.  We were always on the cart when we used the whip.  

And the whip isn’t really for whipping.