Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bikeman564™

my taxes are did

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I am thinking I need to get to work on mine..how did it turn out....I have read where people are disappointed on paying more than previous years :dontknow:

Some are.  I was just about the same, maybe a bit higher.  But I don't have a lot of income where my employer lowered my deductions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

So how are things going with BCC reboot? 

Work aside, I havn't been really out of the house. She's still busy. I text her today.

FadingCircle.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I am thinking I need to get to work on mine..how did it turn out....I have read where people are disappointed on paying more than previous years :dontknow:

Yeah, man!  How did it make you feel?  Better or worse than last year?  It was quite a shock seeing that new much shorter 1040. Simpler is good, but only if it doesn’t cost me more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I am thinking I need to get to work on mine..how did it turn out....I have read where people are disappointed on paying more than previous years :dontknow:

They adjusted the tables so that it was seen more in our checks.  GOP wanted middle and lower classes to immediately feel their farcical tax cut increase.  they took away many of the deductions that benefit the lower classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sure looks like they took away the deduction for HSA contributions.  Form 8889 says to enter your deduction on Form 1040 line 25.  The new 1040 ends on Line 23.  Oh dear. 

Along with the pandemonium caused by the government shutdown, this is looking to be a pretty ugly tax season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Expensive states got hit for the prop tax and mortgage interest removal. 

Also, health care deduction help. Nuff said. 

I was down to property and state income taxes for deductions only so that may have been a wash.  I think my triple whammy was

1. I already was owing a lot in previous years, probably should have adjusted the withholding.  I will be well over 10% owed over this year, so a penalty might be insult to injury.

2. The decreased withholding made that even worse.

3. The lack of an HSA deduction is a killer - cost me a LOT of money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I was down to property and state income taxes for deductions only so that may have been a wash.  I think my triple whammy was

1. I already was owing a lot in previous years, probably should have adjusted the withholding.  I will be well over 10% owed over this year, so a penalty might be insult to injury.

2. The decreased withholding made that even worse.

3. The lack of an HSA deduction is a killer - cost me a LOT of money.

 

They reduced it to 85% for 2018, because they are assholes and they know it.  Many people will be in this situation this year.  People are freaking out.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-penalty/u-s-irs-to-waive-2018-penalties-for-under-withheld-taxpayers-idUSKCN1PA2VD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dirtyhip said:

They reduced it to 85% for 2018, because they are assholes and they know it.  Many people will be in this situation this year.  People are freaking out.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-penalty/u-s-irs-to-waive-2018-penalties-for-under-withheld-taxpayers-idUSKCN1PA2VD

Thanks!  That will help, but I I think am well over even that.  That bikeman is a real rabble-rouser, posting such a provocative thread. :D

There has to be a shitstorm on the way!  I wonder if Tom Hanks will help us throw all the bums oot of office?  :D

My congressman retired, but I am afeared his replacement is also an asshole.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×