Oh no........

Zephyr

53 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I weeded my vegetable boxes yesterday and picked some stuff for a "garden box salad", then wore my flip flops to the store to pick up (for the first time ever) some herbal tea.

I think my west coast transition is now complete and I am pretty much a hippy now.  :(

That's it. The only thing left is to move to Salt Spring Island.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

In my defense, I merely confirmed that herbal tea sucks and I am sticking with good old strong coffee, so I have officially thrown out my newly printed hippy card. 

I didn't even recycle it, just to make my point

Try jasmine tea with a tiny bit of sugar and nothing else.

5 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...jeeez, you didn't even get laid.  :( Four hours total....that's the shortest return to the garden story I've ever heard. :( :( 

He screwed us by going hippie then unhippie in just a few hours.  I was making him a tied dyed Tim Hortons t shirt.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

19 minutes ago, jsharr said:

He screwed us by going hippie then unhippie in just a few hours.

...I think maybe he was just overcome momentarily by all the pot smoke drifting around in Canada now that it's legal.  That stuff will confuse the fuck out of you.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

7 hours ago, Zephyr said:

...then wore my flip flops to the store to pick up (for the first time ever) some herbal tea.

...speaking from the heart here.  The majority of herbal teas are dreadful, and in the proprietary language of one forumite here, taste like ass.  Even when I was a hippie (note proper spelling), I did not drink any of them except the infrequent cup of Red Zinger (mostly out of politeness....which as a Canadian I'm certain you understand.)   

So now that you tossed it out, the world is a better and more peaceful place.  You probably ought to try getting laid, though. It will make you feel better about your failure as a hippie.:)

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...speaking from the heart here.  The majority of herbal teas are dreadful, and in the proprietary language of one forumite here, taste like ass.  Even when I was a hippie (note proper spelling), I did not drink any of them except the infrequent cup of Red Zinger (mostly out of politeness....which as a Canadian I'm certain you understand.)   

So now that you tossed it out, the world is a better and more peaceful place.  You probably ought to try getting laid, though. It will make you feel better about your failure as a hippie.:)

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

In my defense, I merely confirmed that herbal tea sucks and I am sticking with good old strong coffee, so I have officially thrown out my newly printed hippy card. 

I didn't even recycle it, just to make my point

I think you are a HIPSTER not a HIPPY.  Even hipsters know herbal tea sucks. They drink lots of BEER and COFFEE - not herbal tea.

3 hours ago, Page Turner said:

Actually the flavours were okay.  I just like hot drinks hot.  Like, burn your mouth hot.  My wife usually starts her coffee when I finish mine.

Making tea then having it steep for 5-6 minutes gave it nice taste if you put two bags in it  but the tepid temperature made me not like it.  My wife will drink it though.  She may be turning into a hippie, but just as long as she keeps shaving and bathing I am okay with it

• Envious 1

11 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Actually the flavours were okay.  I just like hot drinks hot.  Like, burn your mouth hot.  My wife usually starts her coffee when I finish mine.

Making tea then having it steep for 5-6 minutes gave it nice taste if you put two bags in it  but the tepid temperature made me not like it.  

...down here in Canada's dirty jock strap, we have these things called "microwave ovens".  You pop that cup of brewed herbal tea in the"microwave oven'" for about a minute and it's hot enough to give you a pizza burn on the roof of your mouth.

Maybe you can find one up there, shopping on the internet.  It might be spelled "ouven" in Canada, though.

The herbal tea will still taste like ass, but it will at least be hot when you drink it. :) 

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...down here in Canada's dirty jock strap, we have these things called "microwave ovens".  You pop that cup of brewed herbal tea in the"microwave oven'" for about a minute and it's hot enough to give you a pizza burn on the roof of your mouth.

Maybe you can find one up there, shopping on the internet.  It might be spelled "ouven" in Canada, though.

The herbal tea will still taste like ass, but it will at least be hot when you drink it. :) 

Seems like an awful lot of work......

• Haha 1