The story of buying my new chair.

maddmaxx

40 minutes ago, Further said:

My recliner is old & wore out, but it fits me. I'm sorta small and all the new furniture seems to be designed for the freakishly tall people that are popping up these days. 

When I sit in a lot of new furniture I look and feel like Goldilocks in papa bears chair    :( 

My wife buys all the furniture. I don’t care. She bought herself a new electric recliner and a couch  with two recliners and a matching separate recliner. She said I could have the recliner that matched the couch. That was fine with me. A few months later she decided she didn’t like her electric recliner so she traded me. The footrest of the electric recliner ends just below my knees so I use an ottoman.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

My recliner chair was so old that the foam under the seat was falling onto the floor under the chair in hard dry chunks.  This made me feel uncomfortable.  

We went to a furniture shop that we've always shopped at and looked around at new recliners.  They were a lot more expensive than they used to be and that made me nervous.  I found one though that wasn't too expensive and it was also a powered chair.  This made me feel better.  It was the first pace we went though so we opted to look around some more on another day.  This made me feel confident.

Today we went to a famous furniture store that is supposed to have good prices and an excellent reputation.  This made me feel excited.  The store had both an outlet warehouse and the main store.  This made me expectant that we would find a good chair.  The outlet store was horrible.  We were mugged by salesmen and then I noticed that much of the product had no prices on them.  As a former commission salesman this made me suspicious as I wasn't in a mood to haggle.  They didn't have anything I liked.  This made me sad so we went next door to the main store.  We were mugged by salesmen and much of the stock had no price on it.  I saw a chair I liked but without a price.  This made me angry and I left the store.  This made me feel depressed and I didn't want to shop for a chair anymore.  I just wanted to stop by the hobby shoppe and get a can of paint and go home.

At the hobby  shoppe my friends told me about another furniture store not to far away.  At this point I was tired of shopping but womaxx talked me into going there.  Inside the store was very nice. A pleasant sales lady showed us where the recliners were and said she'd be back in a while after we had tried them all out.  We found a couple of chairs we liked but we felt anxious about the price.  Everything had large price cards with all the information one could need.  This made me appreciative.  The pleasant sales lady came back and told us ........... by the way, you can have 30% off on any of these as you just walked in on the last day of the sale.  This made me so happy that we bought a chair.

The moral of the story.  There are stores that suck and there are other stores that provide a good shopping environment.

Thursday when my new chair gets here I will feel very happy.

So what did you get?