How many times have you 'quit' a forum publicly?

Olas Nah

Zero, only time I've quit is because I got permanently banned.

The other time was temporary and I changed my user name quickly before hand so I could get my old one back if I had to set up a new account.  So people jumped on the user name change, but I never said anything about it.

Maybe I just don't get that deeply involved, but seriously, is the public showoff necessary?

We've all done / said things when we were passionate.

I don't think I've quit a forum publicly, but I know I recently stopped participating in one rather publicly.   :rolleyes:

The post regarding one or more members deciding to leave here has been moved to a private section.

I got banned on the LF early this year because I infuriated the religious do-nothings, but I didn't realize I was banned until about 3 weeks later. Busy season at work. Effectively it was about a 2 week ban. I was trying to remember what the problem was because for the longest time, I just didn't notice the message from Bpbikes in the fine gray line on the login attempt screen. Just didn't see it, lol. So I kept trying to login day after day, not noticing that there was a tiny message there. I figured the site was down for maintenance.

I was rolling with another profile for the longest time one year and nobody ever noticed it. Two guys sometimes arguing the same things...lol. I initiated one thread where I argued with myself, and still nobody noticed even though the majority of the LF chimed in at various points.

• Heart 1

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but leaving the forum because there's a member who may or may not be the same person as a member on a different forum who hasn't even posted yet?  Might as well sign off the internet for good then.  After all, that person is most likely on the internet too.

• Heart 1