Yoga

Dirtyhip

9 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

This practice is still very enjoyable.  My husband joined me today.  We did an online class together.  I think he enjoyed it as well.  

Excellent.  

did he wear yoga pants too? :D jk,   I still would like to try some of this yoga stuffs some day. I hear the benefits is good.

• Envious 1

On 11/30/2019 at 4:50 AM, bikeman564™ said:

did he wear yoga pants too? :D jk,   I still would like to try some of this yoga stuffs some day. I hear the benefits is good.

Yes.  we had on pants.  

I am getting a lot better at the chaturanga.  Basically a plank to a push up, only it is a slow lower to the ground.  Loving these classes.

• Heart 3

5 minutes ago, Further said:

I need to do something about my stiff neck & back, I think PT for a bit and then yoga might be a good follow up. PT has helped in the past, but I always slowly stiffen up again after the PT ends. 

Add yoga.  Seriously.  That is what I did, with PT, and I really am happy for that decision.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Wtf is up with that hipptie-dipty bullshit language?  Please speak like a damn American for the rest of us, thank you.

Are you not a crossfitter anymore?

I only know of that move in that language.  She doesn't say, do a plank, no do a partial pushup up, but not a push up, it's a low drop down, and then upward dog.  

Cross fit turned out to be too hard on my ankle.  To much jumping. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I only know of that move in that language.  She doesn't say, do a plank, no do a partial pushup up, but not a push up, it's a low drop down, and then upward dog.  

Cross fit turned out to be too hard on my ankle.  To much jumping. 

I changed my language in case you thought I was being to harsh on hiptie-dipty speak.  Your description is better, but I am positive there is an english phrase that is more useful.

Crossfit always looked bad for me, because the knees, hip, and feet are all hurty without all that.  I do wish I could do, it, though, it looks like really effective building and muscling of the engine.

55 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I changed my language in case you thought I was being to harsh on hiptie-dipty speak.  Your description is better, but I am positive there is an english phrase that is more useful.

Crossfit always looked bad for me, because the knees, hip, and feet are all hurty without all that.  I do wish I could do, it, though, it looks like really effective building and muscling of the engine.

It's cool.  I know you were being all Randomguyish.  

The studio does have that Hinduish thing a bit.  I just go for the flexibility and relaxation. I follow all the instruction.  Even when she does the "bring your hands to the heart center."  That is basically a prayer move.  Whatever.  My legs are getting better and better.

There was a guy set up right behind me.  Every time I went into down dog, I could see him, when I looked back between my legs.  It was a little crowded today.  

• Heart 2