Jeopardy or shopping?

Randomguy

I am very conflicted.  The grocery store where they might have yeast closes at 8:00, and it will take 20 minutes to get there.  I am worried they will shut the doors early so they can bolt for the day.  

I kind of have to leave soon if I will have a chance to shop, what would you do?

3 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Find another grocery store.

I made it to the one I wanted to go to, I hustled.  I bought yeast, but only the 3-envelope kind.  I will have to go online and find the good stuff.

Anyway, the grocery stores here have mostly just 'decided' to cut their hours to an unmanageable schedule for most who still have jobs.  TJ's now closes at 7:00, for instance.  The hyper-expensive stores are still 24 hours, it is weird.  These stores make Whole Foods seem cheap, btw, and that is not easy.

14 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

maybe that was another forumite.  I thought you posted the SAF pic.

That was Old#7 who got it.

I couldn't muster the energy to make pizza, so I used your suggestion again of the tortilla pizza base.  Not the greatest thing since sliced tortillas, but it sure does save time.  I am coming around a little bit, it is ok in a pinch.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

That was Old#7 who got it.

I couldn't muster the energy to make pizza, so I used your suggestion again of the tortilla pizza base.  Not the greatest thing since sliced tortillas, but it sure does save time.  I am coming around a little bit, it is ok in a pinch.

Not my proudest moments.  It feels a bit like pigs in a blanket, so ... um yeah.

:ban:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Not my proudest moments.  It feels a bit like pigs in a blanket, so ... um yeah.

:ban:

It really isn't bad if you aren't a crust snob and you are hungry and lazy.  I brushed the down-side with olive oil and topped as usual, and it was nice and fast and I didn't have to wait for a rise.  Sure, for emergency use, but rule #1 in the kitchen is resourcefulness.