Looks like I’m working from home...

ChrisL

Bond fire is burning near my office and there was a mandatory evacuation in the area.  The area abuts the Cleveland National Forest so there is lots of un burned areas and the wind is pushing it towards the communities.

However it looks like this one ignited to the east of previously burned areas and is being pushed towards areas burned in Oct so I’m guessing it will slow down soon. Except there are lots of homes in its path...

• Sad 5

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Bond fire is burning near my office and there was a mandatory evacuation in the area.  The area abuts the Cleveland National Forest so there is lots of un burned areas and the wind is pushing it towards the communities.

Rule number one: NEVER MOVE TO OHIO!!!!  It's a dumpster fire.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Me too. but it is my foot that is burning.  Can't get a shoe on.

Are you drinking lots of water?  Even on allipurinol I sometimes get the tingle in my foot/toe and will chug a couple of glasses of water.  

It might be worthwhile to get a script for that medication used to knock down flares. I remember it was expensive, around $100 for 5 pills but it did the trick.  He gave me that 1st and then put me on allipurinol.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

A wild and crazy Thanksgiving celebration?

No  In the past I was able to narrow down trigger foods to highly processed deli meat, like Subway, and diet soda containing aspertame.  Eliminated those and eliminated gout.   Wife just bought a case of cup of ramen and I ate some several days in a row.  Only new item in my diet, and I am pretty sure that it is a trigger at that level.   Had not had ramen in a long time and not with any frequency.  

Started allopurinol again.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Are you drinking lots of water?  Even on allipurinol I sometimes get the tingle in my foot/toe and will chug a couple of glasses of water.  

It might be worthwhile to get a script for that medication used to knock down flares. I remember it was expensive, around $100 for 5 pills but it did the trick.  He gave me that 1st and then put me on allipurinol.

colchicine?  If so, that one makes me loopy.   I will just add allopurinol back in and watch my diet.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

colchicine?  If so, that one makes me loopy.   I will just add allopurinol back in and watch my diet.

That sounds like it. It’s been a few years... It  didn’t make me loopy but I’m sure it affects different people differently.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Yep.  First attack in years.  Been so long I stopped taking Allopurinol

Yeah, it's been several years for me, too.

The last one was after a big boiled shrimp dinner sloshed down with beer. I've had shrimp & beer since with no ill effect. Dunno what my triggers might be.

58 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Yeah, it's been several years for me, too.

The last one was after a big boiled shrimp dinner sloshed down with beer. I've had shrimp & beer since with no ill effect. Dunno what my triggers might be.

I used to get bad flairs after lengthy road trips.  It took me a while to make the connection but I would suck down numerous Diet Cokes when on long drives which would trigger them.

Sometimes it’s just dehydration but usually it’s food related. Also injury can trigger a flair.  One time I rolled my ankle and it triggered a terrible flair