Did We Discuss WW84?

Razors Edge

I struggled to even get through the first 20 minutes - and that is even with Kristen Wiig!! And being set in DC! 

Does it get better at all???? I can see why it wasn't a huge loss to go straight to HBO instead of holding it for an eventual theater release.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

I watched it on release day.  IMO the original was the better of the two.  Fans will still enjoy it like most marvel movies.  We don't expect Gone with the wind.

I still have not finished the ninth Star Wars nor Black Panther, and I only watched the first Hobbit movie.  I may have been dropped on my head too many times as a baby.

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I still have not finished the ninth Star Wars nor Black Panther, and I only watched the first Hobbit movie.  I may have been dropped on my head too many times as a baby.

Do watch Black Panther.  It's one of the better Marvel movies, in the same league as the original Iron Man.

6 minutes ago, groupw said:

I want to see it, but it looks like they are putting more effort into 80s style and I worry any story is going to be lost to being “retro”. 

I remember the 80s (vaguely), and the effort they put into the "80s style" was more like an effort to mimic an over-the-top memory of the 80s.  More MTV video, and less Stranger Things.  Just another annoyance that made those first 20 minutes tough.

One thing about the beginning - a flashback to her childhood - was the feeling that ALL the Amazons should have been darn good at that running/shooting event, so why on Earth was a slot allotted to the kid?  Aren't all Amazons fighters and super skilled?  Seemed from the first movie, they were pretty much practicing all the time, but maybe they never showed the lazy Amazons???

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I remember the 80s (vaguely), and the effort they put into the "80s style" was more like an effort to mimic an over-the-top memory of the 80s.  More MTV video, and less Stranger Things.  Just another annoyance that made those first 20 minutes tough.

One thing about the beginning - a flashback to her childhood - was the feeling that ALL the Amazons should have been darn good at that running/shooting event, so why on Earth was a slot allotted to the kid?  Aren't all Amazons fighters and super skilled?  Seemed from the first movie, they were pretty much practicing all the time, but maybe they never showed the lazy Amazons???

From the first movie, Diana was the love child of the Amazon Queen and Zeuss. That made her an Amazon uber-goddess. She also disobeyed her mother to leave their homeland with the male interloper. 

The previews looked like a bad MTV video at times. Like I said, I will watch it eventually. I'm just not going to a theater at this time and I'm not going to get HBO Max just for this. But Gal Gadot is really something!