I have the most amazing parents in the world.

Forum Administrator

19 hours ago, Forum Administrator said:

My mom had her first cancer treatment today. My dad and step-mom made a week's worth of dinners for her and my step-dad. My dad actually made her favorite meal for her. They've been divorced for almost 40 years and he still remembers that....

I'll be 100% honest.  I'm not positive I would be that kind to my wife's ex-boyfriends.

Excellent!  Cherish them and spend time with them when you have the opportunity.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:57 PM, Forum Administrator said:

I'll be 100% honest.  I'm not positive I would be that kind to my wife's ex-boyfriends.

There’s a husband’s ex-wife in there, too, somewhere? I’ve been able to overlook their past and be kind to mr.’s ex. 
If you were in the situation that calls for kindness, you’d probably find the ability to pull it off. 

On 1/8/2021 at 2:57 PM, Forum Administrator said:

My mom had her first cancer treatment today. My dad and step-mom made a week's worth of dinners for her and my step-dad. My dad actually made her favorite meal for her. They've been divorced for almost 40 years and he still remembers that....

No doubt your father also thought of you,,,,whenever he thinks of your divorced mom. He owes your existence...to her also. forever.