This Chiefs/Browns game outta be good.

Dottleshead

Also because Cooper Kupp comes out of Yakima -- I'm a fan.  Not everyone that comes out of this state -- but I am for him.  You make it on an NFL team out of Yakima -- you get my fandom.  And I just read his lineage.  Dude's family is quite athletic.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/story/2019-10-01/cooper-kupp-yakima-washington-rams-peyton-manning

• Heart 1

59 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Stafford and Sons looked pretty good.  I think he gets better.

The offense looks good, I think Stafford in the Rams offense will be dangerous.  The D needs some work though. They  let several key contributors on D via free agency & traded Brockers.  I figured the D would take a step back and it did. 

All in all I’m excited for the Rams this year. 

22 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

The offense looks good, I think Stafford in the Rams offense will be dangerous.  The D needs some work though. They  let several key contributors on D via free agency & traded Brockers.  I figured the D would take a step back and it did. 

All in all I’m excited for the Rams this year. 

Stafford should not be 'goffing' it anytime soon. But I'm not crowing him yet.  I am saying your team should not be erratic offensively. Well, I'm really saying if he continues his growth, he's gonna be a problem.  Also that looks like a beautiful stadium.

18 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I usually watch for a Baker Mayfield turnover to cost them the game, but I had to turn it off early. Was it a Baker mistake that cost them the game?

17 hours ago, Dottles said:

Ahem...

Silly as hell.  Does no one notice that a defender wrapped his legs during his motion on his ONE interception? Do you not know that the chiefs were up by three with 1:15 left in the game? Do people forget that the punter screwed the pooch and just about gave the Chiefs the lead late in the game?  The punter sure as hell gave them the ball in easy scoring distance, and the Chiefs did score almost immediately, with the winning score.  Yeah, I bet everybody would like to have that throw back while legs get wrapped up.  The Browns were down with time running out and passes had to be called in order to have a chance to win against the AFC's superbowl representative last year.

People love to point fingers at Mayfield for interceptions, but did he throw tons of interceptions his rookie year?  Last year?  "No, but he did throw a lot in 2019 when he didn't have a decent line and the league figured out the embarrassing one and done coach".    

He threw eight interceptions last year.  Eight.  With a new coach.  New offense.  No preseason to speak of, and some people act like he is Romo or late career Favre or somesuch.

Career stats:

image.png.e72cbfa1f376856aafa024f0065fd46e.png

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I only got to watch parts of that game.  Baker looked sharp.  And yeah, it's hard to step into a throw when a defender has your legs wrapped up.  At that point it was 'a wing and a prayer' time for him.

I missed it, but saw the extended highlights.  I am dog/cat sitting and the people that live here don't have live tv, and there is no place near enough to get to that would show any games.  I guess that is what you get in the sticks, but I don't have a car here to use to get to a place that would show the games.  I will watch the extended highlights of the rest of the games tonight.

It does seem that the defense just couldn't hold the Chiefs back in the second half, but the punter panicked and didn't even try to get the kick off when the punt was super-well blocked by the Browns.  I am of the mind that you really can't lay a loss on any one player, although that punt was pivotal.  I guess it is no shame when the Chiefs score enough on your team, but I don't know that many people actually expected the Browns to win this one.  They did play well, at least that is the consensus.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I missed it, but saw the extended highlights.  I am dog/cat sitting and the people that live here don't have live tv, and there is no place near enough to get to that would show any games.  I guess that is what you get in the sticks, but I don't have a car here to use to get to a place that would show the games.  I will watch the extended highlights of the rest of the games tonight.

Can you order a tv and NFL coverage on UberEats?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ahem...

Silly as hell.  Does no one notice that a defender wrapped his legs during his motion on his ONE interception? Do you not know that the chiefs were up by three with 1:15 left in the game? Do people forget that the punter screwed the pooch and just about gave the Chiefs the lead late in the game?  The punter sure as hell gave them the ball in easy scoring distance, and the Chiefs did score almost immediately, with the winning score.  Yeah, I bet everybody would like to have that throw back while legs get wrapped up.  The Browns were down with time running out and passes had to be called in order to have a chance to win against the AFC's superbowl representative last year.

People love to point fingers at Mayfield for interceptions, but did he throw tons of interceptions his rookie year?  Last year?  "No, but he did throw a lot in 2019 when he didn't have a decent line and the league figured out the embarrassing one and done coach".    

He threw eight interceptions last year.  Eight.  With a new coach.  New offense.  No preseason to speak of, and some people act like he is Romo or late career Favre or somesuch.

Career stats:

image.png.e72cbfa1f376856aafa024f0065fd46e.png

Oh I mentioned the botched punt. I’m also disappointed they lost. And I did notice the duress and impact the defender was having on his throwing motion. And absolutely no guarantee they would have gone down and scored. None. But if that were Johnny Unitas, he would have thrown it into the stands or golly taken a sack. Fact is he was trying to make a play while under duress and it was a bonehead decision. I used to hate Baker but lately I find myself rooting for him. Still it was a classic Browning it move. I don’t see why you pay a man a huge salary until he shows he can play with the big boys. I have yet to see that.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Oh I mentioned the botched punt. I’m also disappointed they lost. And I did notice the duress and impact the defender was having on his throwing motion. And absolutely no guarantee they would have gone down and scored. None. But if that were Johnny Unitas, he would have thrown it into the stands or golly taken a sack. Fact is he was trying to make a play while under duress and it was a bonehead decision. I used to hate Baker but lately I find myself rooting for him. Still it was a classic Browning it move. I don’t see why you pay a man a huge salary until he shows he can play with the big boys. I have yet to see that.

I didn't really understand taking him first, but he has grown on me.  He can sling it for sure.  I would take him over the Raven's guy, but it is still a toss-up for me with the Bills guy.  I still worry about Allen and interceptions/accuracy, but he was great last year.  Time will tell on how all these guys sort out, but QB is such a crapshoot, and especially for the Browns.  When the Browns take a guy with a winning record after his first three years, you have to consider that a major success.

• Envious 1

16 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I do remember Romo throwing some late interceptions, but to be totally fair, he had to win those games or the cowboys just don't win.  I still think he was pretty good.

The punter lost the damn game.  Flat out dropped the ball on the ground.  Mayfield pulled a Romo trying to dig out of the hole the punter dug.

47 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ahem...

Silly as hell.

I agree, I wouldn’t blame Baker for that loss. The Chiefs are a good team, and they hung in with them. The Chubb fumble was costly, but it happens. I don’t think he’s known to be fumble prone, so I’d actually see it as a good game for the Browns, overall.

13 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I agree, I wouldn’t blame Baker for that loss. The Chiefs are a good team, and they hung in with them. The Chubb fumble was costly, but it happens. I don’t think he’s known to be fumble prone, so I’d actually see it as a good game for the Browns, overall.

Chubb doesn't fumble a lot, you are right.  I thought the Browns were going to play tough, but still end up losing to the Chiefs by 7 - 10 points..  I feel bad for the Texans, I think the Browns are going to take it out on them.  

30 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It was a very good game and I think the Browns were the slightly better team yesterday. I’m just pointing out that team is still learning how to win. I’m very familiar with the heartache and signs. I was a Seahawks fan for 30 years before the Allen era and I know the grind of getting over that loser hump. That shit is real. Being in Pitt I suppose that’s foreign to you. :D

19 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Chubb doesn't fumble a lot, you are right.  I thought the Browns were going to play tough, but still end up losing to the Chiefs by 7 - 10 points..  I feel bad for the Texans, I think the Browns are going to take it out on them.  

Oh the Browns are a force.

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Oh the Browns are a force.

Well, it may be more that the Texans are not a force.  They vastly outplayed the Jags, but played way better than I thought they possibly could.  I think they realized that this is their best chance to win a game this year.

I still think the Dolphins are going to be the surprise team if the QB does ok.  I still haven't seen him play, but they have good coaching, I think.

RG, your team has a hella lot of talent.  They do well.  They are just stuck in that losers groove.  It's a really, really hard thing to get out of.  but when they do -- and they will arrive -- nobody's gonna want to face them in the AFC.  I think the Bills gel and continue their run.  I think this year or next they will peak.  I hope in 16 weeks from now I'm not laughing at myself but heck, I like your team.

55 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Chris Carson had a fumble yesterday and the guy just made a helluva play. It was one of the better strips I've seen. Dammit I hate it when the other team makes good plays.  It's almost like their lining up against my team and trying to win.

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Wth is a hip sublexation?

Dunno bout sounds painful.  I think the Chargers are primed for a run though.  Funny that LA really hasn’t embraced the Chargers.  The LA media does profiles on the Rams and even the Raiders and hardly mentions the Chargers.

The Chargers HQ is actually in my city and their summer camp is on the soccer complex adjacent to the HS my kids & I went to.  But I’m still a Rams fan! 😂

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Dunno bout sounds painful.  I think the Chargers are primed for a run though.  Funny that LA really hasn’t embraced the Chargers.  The LA media does profiles on the Rams and even the Raiders and hardly mentions the Chargers.

The Chargers HQ is actually in my city and their summer camp is on the soccer complex adjacent to the HS my kids & I went to.  But I’m still a Rams fan! 😂

They have a team for the future.  Plus, they have better uniforms than the Rams.

That said, they are the new red-haired stepchild on the block, so there is that.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

They have a team for the future.  Plus, they have better uniforms than the Rams.

That said, they are the new red-haired stepchild on the block, so there is that.

The Rams Uni is growing on me but some of the ones they rolled out last year where fugly.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:49 PM, Dottles said:

The Browns still do stoooooooooooopid stoooooooooooooopid things.  Harrison is a bonehead.  The coach was an asshole but he's not playing.  Give him a fine.  But the player?  Bonehead.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32204618/cleveland-browns-center-nflpa-president-jc-tretter-calls-discipline-kansas-city-chiefs-assistant-shoved-player

The coach definitely should be fined.

21 minutes ago, Dottles said:

The coach definitely should be fined

He was protecting his player who was being intentionally stepped on with cleated foot. I have no problem with a coach pushing him away before he could put more weight down on the step. 

You want to fine him for shoving a fully padded player trying to injure one of your players? Fine, but the Chief players should pool money to pay it.