Following my custom I bought a used utility trailer

Further

11 minutes ago, groupw said:

I keep toying with this idea to replace the pickup. I have a feeling when it comes time to replace the CX5, it will be about the same time to retire the Dakota. 

Utility trailer has a lot of good points. Dragging a trailer in kind of a PIA, I used to be a very good trailer driver, now I am maybe lower average. 

If you can drive a trailer they are very handy. And you can beat the hell out of it with out regrets. Kind of like an old farm truck.

• Heart 1

I bought an old gooseneck trailer built on a trailer house frame for cheap at an auction. After reflooring and raising the bed above the wheels it has worked well for hauling hay. Even brought a load the 150 miles from Billings. Probably spent $1,000 for modifications, but had folks offer me that much for it after I was finished. Now, I've used it for many years, so I think it was a good investment. Still using it today.

• Heart 3
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, donkpow said:

Deferred maintenance coming home to roost.

Naa, it is prolly a dozen years old, the grease in the bearings was still grease. A block building collapsed on it, and the wooden floor has been out in the weather for a dozen years.

It was OK for local stuff, a hundred miles from home I want a little more faith it will come home home with me.

• Awesome 1