Want something better than basketball to watch this afternoon?

Digital_photog

Today they will run a slightly longer course than the one they used the last 2 days.  Also will start in reverse order and start slowest to fastest so there will be lots of action and passing.  Should be a very exciting race for first between Buddy Streeper and Annie Malo.  Annie Malo won the stage stop race in @dinneR's part of the country the last 2 years.  This is the oldest and fastest sled dog race in North America.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Airehead said:

What network. I will watch that from the agility trial. 

facebook live.  Alaska Dog Mushers Association page.  They are doing an excellent job with multiple cameras on the trail.  Videos are also saved on the page from the last 2 days. Most of the sessions are about 2 hours.

3 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Check out the third and final day of the Open North American Championship sled dog race.

Siberians will never run a sprint race and keep up with the hounds but it is exciting to watch JP Norris running a team closely related to my dogs. The Anadyr line was developed by his parents in the 1940s.  He, his wife and his daughter Lisbet race them.  Lisbet and her husband have a great tour business with the dogs and Aurora viewing trips north of Fairbanks.

Racing will start at 1pm Alaska time in Fairbanks.

The live coverage is very good.

Great photo of JP and his team of Siberian Huskies.  Very close related dogs to Ike, Beretta and Benelli.

336865661_1260276514869518_4538302147720302503_n.thumb.jpg.e9d4a8c5fa2e82bb62818af88fc0632c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Alaska-Dog-Mushers-Association-214130832872/

Did anyone notice the smiles on those faces?  Huskies are always happy when they get to run..  Beretta was even happy to sit on my lap and watch her cousins run.

BeretttaandBenelli.thumb.jpg.76773979286f056963109c718acfdc48.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg.f843d0f08c9ff9cfd7fc8d4b9dc359a2.jpg

• Heart 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

I met Annie Malo ears ago when she was handling for her husband at a race in Michigan.  Being French Canadian she spoke very little English, I spoke very little French Be both spoke some Spanish so with that and the poor English and French we had a great time visiting  while parked next to each other in the dog lot. We did have free time while the teams we were handling were out racing.  Her Husband could speak a little more English  so visits with him were fun too

Annie Malo

336905214_591909002601978_3037867147150619715_n.jpg

Dogs look so stoked!

• Like 1

Here is the link taht will go live it about  12 minutes.

Should work even if you don't have a facebook account.

If you have questions about sled dog racing ask here and I will try to answer when I check back.

4 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Better than basketball…… umpossible 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

A test pattern is better than basketball. 

4 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Just remember, you’re allowed to be wrong more than once a day.  You’re day isn’t ruined yet.

Some basketball is OK but there is too much.  Let's have some sled dog racing and some hockey.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Did anyone notice the smiles on those faces?  Huskies are always happy when they get to run..  Beretta was even happy to sit on my lap and watch her cousins run.

The first thing I noticed :3685067_thumbsup:

I see a lot of Huskies being walked around the lake on a leash, they never seem to wear a smile.

44 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

:dontknow:  They said it was good for people on or off facebook.  I don't know what is going on.

I’ll check YouTube later. My son has a FB account for his Special Olympics team that I can use, too, after I locate his login info. 

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

MSU over Marquette was pretty good TV.  And I was even able to sneak in the last few lap of Atlanta.

#GoGreen

Caught bits and pieces of both. Found a new lamb while feeding, so my wife is trimming on the ewe, and the lamb has nursed. Not sure what games she watched. Some women's games were televised on ABC. This was my request for Classic Country this morning.