now this is a bike ride

bikeman564™

3 hours ago, Ralphie said:

Don’t let the monkey get wind of that!

I asked if she would be interested in doing the ride and she said no.

Now if I ask about riding to riding to Off The Rail coffee shop (40mi round trip) that would be a yes.

• Heart 1

55 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

That was my thought too. I have driven across there about a gazillion times and I don’t remember anything resembling a hill.

Well your perspective driving is different than riding a bike. I'll say this. When I we did the ride across the state (one way) north of their route, our elevation was 2570 feet . If we would of rode back that would make it 5140 feet, over 300 miles. They were in a hillier area and rode 444 miles.

image.thumb.png.0e4894928502b631d787930e4a1302db.png

Here's their profile. Anything west of Ann Arbor is hilly. Maybe you should ride there ;)  I've ridden a century there (big loop) w/ 2500 feet of climbing. Do that 4 times and you get 10,000. There's a ride up north that will get you 6000 feet over IIRC 125 miles.

image.thumb.png.0a3f4999c385e02f05c658365e967b84.png

I don't know the accuracy of the data, but even if it's w/in 10% they still climbed 10,000 feet easily.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, BR46 said:

We have something the same. Sometimes I think about it but maybe 30 years ago 

I'd like to do that. Which is similar to our ODRAM I spoke of earlier. This ride  I posted of theirs is self supported, and not an organized event. Also RAIN  (ride across indiana) is another one on my list.

• Heart 2