The story of my step father

Mr. Silly

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

That is a wonderful story that did not start off wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

You share a little bit about your father a couple days back and that was my inspiration to find that picture.

• Heart 2

23 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

The End

...not so much. He seems to have made an impact on you and others, so that reverberates on and on. Not ending, just being passed down.

And great sketch! Like folks today, but different from folks today. :3685067_thumbsup:

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...not so much. He seems to have made an impact on you and others, so that reverberates on and on. Not ending, just being passed down.

And great sketch! Like folks today, but different from folks today. :3685067_thumbsup:

Maybe photoshop in an iPhone and a vape pen? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I have to catch myself since I often sit like that.

For sure, you want to have good neck and back posture into later years of life!

And the benefit of father raised well by stepfather....is you, being best of you.

• Hugs 1

31 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Thank you for your story.

It appears that not all stepfathers were abusive drunks like mine.

But you somehow surmounted that....it must have been your mother, the better influencer.

It was for dearie, his stepfather was totally opposite of birth father. Stepfather was dictatorial, occasionally abusive (throwing things at mother) etc.  It was his mother who was the positive influencer in her gentle way.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

But you somehow surmounted that....it must have been your mother, the better influencer.

It was for dearie, his stepfather was totally opposite of birth father. Stepfather was dictatorial, occasionally abusive (throwing things at mother) etc.  It was his mother who was the positive influencer in her gentle way.

I left his presence for service in the navy.  They gave me a job, a different sort of education that would work for me later in life and an opportunity to meet and interact with all sorts of people that I wouldn't have met otherwise.  In that regard, driving me away from the family was a positive gain for me. 

He destroyed my step brother, his son.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2