Stomach relief as measured by feces amount!

MickinMD

I'm sure you enjoyed the thread title!

I've had an upset stomach since Monday that was almost surely the result of giving myself an injection of the type-II diabetic med Mounjaro that my endocrinologist prescribed.

Basically, the stomach pain was surely due to more food going into the stomach than out into the toilet, resulting in stomach pressure.

Mounjaro slows down the movement of food from the stomach to the intestines so you feel fuller for a longer time and food travels more slowly through the intestines so the nutrients, including sugars, are more slowly absorbed by the body.

Constipation can be the result until your body adjusts to it.  Of course, you don't see that in the commercials and my sister and doctor didn't volunteer that info to me - though the doc probably assumed my nurse sister, on Mounjaro, had gone over it.

Today, Friday after breakfast, it feels ok and I'm trying to limit eating to match what comes out and making sure there's lots of fibrous veggies in each meal.

I went two days without defecating, then what I would estimate to be 1/4 to 1/2 cups worth of poop each time.  Now it's more like 3/8 to 3/4 cup and more and more frequent.

I'm supposed to inject Mounjaro tomorrow, Saturday, but I think I'm going to wait for Monday, which my sister says she does to make sure it's not affecting her on weekends, when most family and entertainment events occur.

I always liked Ron White’s joke about pooping so much your pants fit better. 

Traveling really disrupts my bodily function routine. Took me a couple days after I got to Dallas for my body to find its rhythm. Very relieved when it did.