This has become a common occurrence

We get that here as well.  One day a few years ago the count hit 40 at the same time.  Fewer this year only 5 or 6, mostly at night.  The town has been growing steadily and I suspect the herds are being pushed farther away toward the farming end of town.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Where is that exactly?

It's in my backyard near Youngstown.  Is that what you meant?  I zoomed in for the pic.  Here's a other shot from September off my deck. The same  two trees are to the left. Its not zoomed in as much.

20230904_071931.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, a bunch of numbers said:

It's in my backyard near Youngstown.  Is that what you meant?  I zoomed in for the pic.  Here's a other shot from September off my deck. The same  two trees are to the left. Its not zoomed in as much.

20230904_071931.jpg

Nice back yard.  Mine is all trees.

• Thank You 1

There is a deer bedding down in my neighbor's yard right now.  We don't usually get herds though.  We'll get a doe with a fawn or two though.  

It is cool to see them but I wish they weren't in the neighborhood.  I live in a well established suburb and there are fences between the yards.  The deer have no trouble jumping the fence.  The problem is there usually a cement driveway on the other side of the fence.  Their hooves don't work well on something hard and smooth like cement.  If is fairly common to see a deer limping with a broken ankle.  :(

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, a bunch of numbers said:

It's in my backyard near Youngstown.  Is that what you meant?  I zoomed in for the pic.  Here's an hen did you move there? other shot from September off my deck. The same  two trees are to the left. It’s not zoomed in as much.

20230904_071931.jpg

When did you move there? The last I remember you were in/near Columbus. I went to church in Youngstown until my wife passed away. My son lives in Poland.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, a bunch of numbers said:

I never lived in Columbus.  I've lived in this house about 23 years.

Nice yard, I have lots of critters but the deer pretty much stay out of my yard. That’s ok with me, I don’t need any deer ticks. My brother in law got lymes disease mowing his dad’s lawn that always had deer on it.

59 minutes ago, a bunch of numbers said:

I never lived in Columbus.  I've lived in this house about 23 years.

I was super confused for a while whether you lived in NC or outside Cleveland.  Now I know it is Youngstown, whew!  You might have definitively said on the forum or in real life where you really were, but I missed it if you did.  I just thought either NC or Clevelandish (I thought you might have been bopping back and fortth).  I can be pretty dense at times.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I was super confused for a while whether you lived in NC or around Cleveland.  Now I know it is Youngstown, whew!  I don't think you definitively said on the forum or in real life where you really were, but I missed it if you did.  I just thought either NC or Clevelandish (I thought you might have been bopping back and fortth).  I can be pretty dense at times.

I did live in NC for about 15 years, but came back about 24 years ago.  Never near Cleveland though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, a bunch of numbers said:

I did live in NC for about 15 years, but came back about 24 years ago.  Never near Cleveland though.

I liked this for the explanation, but I am sad that you have never lived in the Paris of Ohio.  I like your lawn and resident deer herd, though!

• Haha 1