Do you think pickled jalapeno peppers have any nutritional value?

Randomguy

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

?

Discus.

Google is your friend…. I’m surprised of the carbs in pickled jalapeños. I’m guessing it’s in the pickling liquids.   The pickles I eat have far less carbs.  

IMG_1820.thumb.jpeg.d702744fa9d7a9e319d8c3795e9dbd26.jpeg

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I’m surprised of the carbs in pickled jalapeños.

Those numbers are for 1 cup. A few slices has a negligible amount of carbs. Especially if combined with vegetables and protein, like a chicken salad or a relish to top whitefish. 

• Thank You 2

56 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Those numbers are for 1 cup. A few slices has a negligible amount of carbs. Especially if combined with vegetables and protein, like a chicken salad or a relish to top whitefish. 

I buy them both as rings and as diced.  A teaspoonful makes a better garnish on a hot dog than relish does.

• Yum 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Google is your friend…. I’m surprised of the carbs in pickled jalapeños. I’m guessing it’s in the pickling liquids.   The pickles I eat have far less carbs.  

IMG_1820.thumb.jpeg.d702744fa9d7a9e319d8c3795e9dbd26.jpeg

As Mosey mentioned a cup is a lot of servings. My jar from the store is about a cup and I probably get 20 servings out of it. 

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

As Mosey mentioned a cup is a lot of servings. My jar from the store is about a cup and I probably get 20 servings out of it. 

Yeah I missed the serving size and I don’t like Jalapeños so never eat them nor check their nutritional value.  But to put it in perspective, my current food plan only allows 30 grams of carbs a day so a cup of those jalapeños would almost be 1/2 of my daily carbs. 

There is just something about round tortilla chips drowned in some sort orange cheese flavored industrial glop swimming with slices of pickles jalapenos.  They are an intrinsic part of the balanced nacho food pyramid.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Yum 2

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

There is just something about round tortilla chips drowned in some sort orange cheese flavored industrial glop swimming with slices of pickles jalapenos.  They are an intrinsic part of the balanced nacho food pyramid.

Served in a small Angels plastic helmet!  

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

And Whataburgers loaded with jalapeños!

6 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

And Whataburgers loaded with jalapeños!

The Chicken Oil Company in College Station made The Double Death Burger.  Two patties, double cheese, jalapenos and tabasco sauce.  It was my go to hangover burger.  It would stab a hangover to death.

• Yum 1

7 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Of course they have nutritional value.

Do you really think Peter Piper would have picked a peck of them for nothing?

Peter Piper is no Jack Horner, so I tend to agree with your assessment.

5 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Jack Horner? Don't get me started on Jack Horner. That dumbass stuck a thumb up his bum and...oh, wait maybe that's not it...nevermind.

You have Jack Horner and Randomguy confused.  Jack Horner stuck his thumb in a pie.  Randomguy shoved a tangerine up his poop chute.

• Haha 1